1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Signature sound or chase something new?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Former Rogues, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Former Rogues

Former Rogues

Sep 22, 2016
    Oslo
    This was already posted under the Recordings thread, since I was originally talking about upcoming recording session. However, I thought the question was begging to be asked over here.

I feel like I have found my signature sound(s), and I've worked hard to dial in my tones with my current band, Råte. We are a modern metal/groove metal band based in Oslo, and I've worked hard for the last year really dialling in my sound with these guys. Compression, multiple EQ stages, an excellent cab IR, and finally settled on three dirt pedals that give me what I need for serious live and studio sound. But...and there is always a but...I'm really wondering if I should rotate out some pedals or try some different gear, or should I stick with the amazing sounds I have spent so long dialling in...

Our recording schedule and locations are great, since we track most everything in apartment studios and spaces available to us, so I do have the freedom, flexibility and benefit of experimenting without any additional cost.

Sound clips:

Anyways, I wanted to see what we all think about tone. Who has found theirs and stuck with it? Who is constantly pursuing the next new sound?

Do you think the recording process is a good time to experiment, or is it better to 'not fix what isn't broken?'

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021