Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Signed Tom Delonge Fender Strat BRAND NEW

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by oreo321321, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oreo321321

oreo321321

Sep 24, 2004
    I just got it, I am selling only the guitar.

I am thinking $600, tell me what you guys think

2. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    :rollno:

3. Who is Tom DeLonge? Is he a Hendrix clone? Or just another "Good Charlotte" type crappy guitar player like all the rest of the new "pop" bands?

Please enlighten me! :confused:

4. Your ignorance amuses me.

Good luck on selling.

5. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    I'll give you $5 and a homemade chicken sandwich.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Success breads jealousy.

7. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Find some random blink forum on the internet and you'll sell it in a week...include pics and stuff though, so they actually believe you.

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Here is what I think since you asked. I think that the guitar had a LIST price of $699, which means it sells all over the place brand spankin new for around $450. Average used price would be lucky to hit $300. So...I think you are allowed to advertise and ask any price you want, but that someone would have to be fresh off hitting the crack pipe to agree to that deal.

9. oreo321321

oreo321321

Sep 24, 2004
    The Guitar is BRAND NEW

thanks for letting me know what it may be worth, cause I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about guitars, my friend just told me to ask around.

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

oreo...I understand your point, but when selling, a bass isn't
    "new" unless you are a dealer that got it straight from Fender and can offer the standard warranty, etc. If you buy a bass from a dealer one day, take it home, never play it, and sell it the very next day, unfortunately, you are selling a "used" bass.
    Good luck with your sale.

11. oreo321321

oreo321321

Sep 24, 2004
    well then I'll just have to call it "never played"

lol

12. :scowl: in england, they have a term for people such as Tom dElONGE... WANKER!!!

13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Weird, because in America we apply the terms wanky or wanking to describe over the top playing with no melody and a (fret) wanker would be a person who plays like that.

Seems like he has plenty of melody, but no over the top playing/skills.

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Actually, i really respect Tom Delonge. And i live in England.

Also:

What does your post bring to this thread? Nothing. The guy's jsut trying to sell his guitar. So why did you post it?

Also - you know that minors visit this board and you're not supposed to be swearing.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    this is a place to sell BASS guitars. i am sure you have a nice guitar, but it belongs in another forum.

-Mike

16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    agreed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.