1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

silent hill: the movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brad Barker, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  2. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    It looks good, and from what people on The Horror Channel.Com have been saying, it's very true to the game (except for the fact that the lead role is played by a woman instead of a man. Pyramid head rules!!

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

If it dies in the theater, it dies in real life.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nah, that's the awful-looking "Stay Alive" movie, not Silent Hill. The trailer made it look pretty good.

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    This looks good (for a video game movie) but nothing beats the experience of playing the game.

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    thanks for clicking on the link! :rollno:

:p

7. Looks good.

8. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I was going to start a thread about this myself. My roomate and myself in college would only play this game together....oogie boogie
    looks exciting

9. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    While I like Silent Hill, I'll be passing on this, there's no way this is going to be as frightening and messed up as the games.

10. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I'm excited to see this, and while I think it will be good, I don't think it will be nearly as good as the game.

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    IMO the BEST Survival Horror game to date... though the last one was pretty weak.

I have been waiting for this and have seen the trailer a few times. I refuse to read ANY reviews or view any more speculations or watch any new trailers....

I've seen enough and will be at the first viewing at my local theater

:bassist: :hyper: :D :bag: hope it is as good as I hope :ninja:

12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    check out the website, at least! it's awesome! :hyper:

13. It looks like an amalgam of Silent Hill 1/2/3 story bits.

Interesting. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    after I get home from the movie! I already KNOW I'm going. I want nothing more till I see it. I'm going in knowing the trailer and the games.

15. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the plot is essentially the first game. some of the monsters look like ones from the second one.

i never played the first one, so i don't know what the monsters look like.

16. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Either/Or. This is applicable of everything comin' outta Hollywood these days.

The link opened, but took forever to activate...I got bored waiting. Hey I got cable, and a new Dell, the web-page was draggin' butt.

17. Essentially, yes, but there are a number of things that are from the other games, such as the Pyramid Heads and some of the environments they had shown in the trailer.

18. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    If you have the chance, definitely check out the first one. I haven't played it myself but I downloaded a video walkthrough once judging from which the game is really awesome (and also pretty damn scary, you'll be fighting plenty of monsters.)
    The game already has the big bosses and the creepy otherworld locations that appear in the sequels.

The only drawback is the graphics, though, although the environments still look pretty good today, the character models look extremely blocky, as Silent Hill 1 is a PS1 game.

19. rgallant

rgallant

Feb 14, 2005
    Calgary, Alberta
    I think for myself, the best horror title I've played as of yet has been Condemned: Criminal Origins on the Xbox 360(if you can throw it in with that genre).

I've watched the trailer to the Silent Hill movie a few times, and it's looking pretty good. I can't wait to see what Pyramid Head is like. This movie can't be as bad as House of the Dead, so it's got that going for it. ;)

20. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us

I've not stepped into the world of Xbox yet... I've read about that one though. It looks good