1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Silly Dream I Had

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fettbass, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Being a bass player, it is not that unusual for me to have dreams of gear. You guys know what I'm talking about. Last night I had a dream that Fender came out with a high powered Class D head based off of technologies used by Genz Benz and SWR. 2 Channel Class D Head, 1200 watts at 4 ohms (mono). It had a solid state SWR designed Pre and EQ for channel 1, and the Streamliner Pre and EQ for channel 2. I wonder if something like that might roll out of Fender, what with the (potential) shuttering of SWR and Genz Benz......

2. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I can't believe you can remember that many details!

Most of my dreams about gear are "I was playing some totally killer set up and no one could tell me what it was and then it was just out of reach no matter what I did or I couldn't focus on the brand name and see it"

On a serious note - I would think that your dream is pretty likely. Something is going to happen with all that Genz Benz and SWR tech.

3. Well it certainly sounded pretty killer in my dream!

4. Most of my dreams are about young, good looking, shapely Ladies!!! :D

Unfortunately, at my age, I've forgotten what I am supposed to do with them! :bawl:

5. Lots of research material out there on the net to refresh your memory. :ninja:

6. I remember when my mother caught me with a magazine and I told her it was for "educational purposes". !!! In topic though, I wonder the timeframe on which we might see such a head right now. Their bass amp lineup has a big hole in the high powered professional solid state category. They have the little rumbles for the low end, and the monster super bassman for the high end old school thing. I expect something within a year.

7. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Consider that a blessing, Paul. That "hobby" is a whole lot more expensive than bass gear. ;)

8. RxFunk

RxFunk

Dec 2, 2012
    Arizona
    "Research material";)