Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Silly Nickelback

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Figjam, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  2. I could not thank you more for this.

Now I have a clear way to prove to stupid people that this music clearly sucks...

Thank you....Thank you....

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Wow.

4. Wow indeed.

5. haha, wow, good laugh! The guys on TeamSpeak loved how it was all the same, their laughin so hard right now.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That borders on flat out creepy.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You use teamspeak too? For what game? Or do you just use it to talk?

8. Use it for MoHAA, CoD, BattleField Vietnam and regular chattin. Lemme snag ya an IP and I'll give ya it on AIM.

9. I used to like some nickleback...then it became clear to me that they are canadian :D

Last part was a joke BTW. I did like a couple early songs of theirs. But has become poo. Too bad (wow, I think that's a song of thiers. Yikes)

10. :D that was good, I can't believe how the chorus' started at exactly the same time and everything.

11. srbguitar

srbguitar Guest

Jul 19, 2002
    Fremont CA
    wow, that is weird... when one song has a break the other one has a drumrole

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

ditto. :ninja: :bassist: you get the rocking ninja

13. And to think 3-4 years ago I bought one of thier Cd's ! I want my money back !

14. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Not necessarily trying to defend Nickelback, but from what I understand of the recording industry, it may not entirely be the band's fault. I've heard WAY too many stories of bands writing material only to have producers and managers essentially rewrite material to "fit the mainstream".

Just a thought...;)

15. Nickelback aint the worst band out there. After all they got some catchy tunes. But this was fun.

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

the band made that choice when they signed up.

17. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Wow. Just wow. I mean wow.

Years ago, I was dragged to a Nickelback show by a very cute girl (I later realized this was in retaliation to dragging her to a King Crimson show a month before). I was subjected to Default, Seven Channels, and Nickelback all on one stage. 3 bands, 4 hours, one song. And the crowd ate it up. I left in absolute disgust. Aforementioned cute girl loved it. I never saw her again.

18. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Fixed it for you.

19. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    I was able to tolerate Nickelback until Chad did that silly duet with that Josie guy for the Spiderman soundtrack. Theory of a Deadman is a protege of NB and sounds exactly like them. Record label formula if I've ever seen one.

DD

20. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

This is just typical of the unimaginative production types residing where most A&R guys used to be housed. It has been the typical format for a few years now.
    And the music industry wonders why their revenues are failing?

Heck, when I was younger and consumed such POP, the bands had some sense of individual and regional style, it might have been crappy style, but they where at least unique acts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.