Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Silver Spring/Burtonsville/MD/Montgomery County area gig spam! 2/7/04 (for tuba!!!)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    This Saturday night is the concert for the Montgomery County Honors groups. I'm in the Senior Honors Band, and I'm first chair tuba :hyper:

So, for those of you in the area who want to see if I can back up my tuba image with some real playing, come on out to enjoy the show. The concert lasts from 7 pm to ~10 pm, and the Senior Honors Band is last on the program (save the best for last :D), starting at 9:25. The schedule is as follows:

7:00 - Senior Jazz Ensemble
    7:35 - Junior Honors Strings
    8:10 - Junior Honors Band
    8:45 - Senior Honors Orchestra
    9:25 - Senior Honors Band

Our guest conductor for the Senior Honors Band is Dr. Harlan Parker, from Peabody. The guest conductor for the Senior Strings group is Dr. Lawrence Christianson from West Virginia University.

The concert is at Bethesda Chevy-Chase high school in Bethesda, MD. This Saturday, 2/7/04. If anyone is interested, I can give you directions to the school, or you can just mapquest them.

Hope to see someone there!

2. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Doesn't anyone around here wanna come see me? :( :bawl:

:hyper:

3. I would love to come support a fellow tubist but i am not exactly in the neighborhood :bawl:

Good luck man, let us know how it goes.!

And dont forget to :bassist: (replace bass w/ tuba)

:D

4. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'll be sure to! Thanks for the support.

Tonight, at 9:25, the fun starts. After 4 hours of rehersal this morning, an audition for Towson University at 3, and now the gig.

Hey look *points out window*, there are my chops!

:D