1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

silverburst thunderbirds

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gibsonbassist45, Sep 11, 2008.

1. gibsonbassist45

gibsonbassist45

Jul 13, 2008
    hmm. well i know these are going to come out some time soon.
    but has anyone seen a picture of one of these yet?? im honeslty not a fan of silverburst,but im just interested to see how it would look.and on a count of that, what are your guys' thoughts on it???

2. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Is it Gibson who's making them, or Epiphone?

Either way, I think it's going to be ugly. No matter what you put it on, I think silverburst is a hideous color. Sounds good on paper, but in practice...

3. You know, I've been wondering how these will look. I love the Thunderbird (it's a hallmark of my stable), and IMO, the Silverburst looks pretty good on the Les Paul guitars (though it does leave something to be desired on the SGs). I'll be interested to see how this one turns out. :rolleyes:

4. gibsonbassist45

gibsonbassist45

Jul 13, 2008

gibson isnt. epiphone is the only one making them. and yes lol. i do agree with disliking silverburst. its like watching a black and white TV. and the sad part about it is, i only thought they started making silverburst basses and guitars only a couple of years ago.but appearently not..but anyways as much as i hate it. i really want to see what it will look like.it wont go very good with the white pickguard ill tell you that much lol

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    there is another thread pertaining to this, http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468219 but did you all notice, that on all the sites, the silverburst only is a mahogany body, and not alder? ( so they claim )

hopefully when the stores get them in, we can see what one looks like live, and having a black pickguard would look very nice--- just like this all white Gibson-Bird, but MAN that would look nice with a black guard. The seller was trying to get 4 grand for this unit, quite out of my price range for even a one of a kind.

whitegibbird1.
    whitegibbird2.