1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Silvertone Revolver SSLB11

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SenorCuba, Apr 21, 2010.

1. SenorCuba

SenorCuba

Apr 18, 2010
    Miami
    Hello, im pretty new at bass so i am not really sure about the distinctive sounds each bass have. I currently have a Silvertone Revolver SSLB11 Bass, do you guys think this is a good bass to learn on?

2. That's just a really cheap Fender Precision Bass copy. Not sure how well put together it is. There is nothing wrong with an inexpensive bass, but if it's too crappy then it can actually make learning more difficult because of issues with poor workmanship and bad setup. Some of those cheap "Wal Mart" instruments aren't even worth taking to a tech to have properly set up because they are so bad. But some budget basses are just fine and with a good setup can provide plenty of enjoyment. I don't know anything about this line of Silvertone instruments...

EDIT: after looking on Amazon at reviews, it looks like these basses are enjoyed by many as beginner basses, and that the instrument itself is decent quality for the price. The accessories it might come with as part of a package deal are crappy though. Do you have any more experienced bass player friends who could look it over for you? They might be able to advise you on whether it could use a set up.

3. SenorCuba

SenorCuba

Apr 18, 2010
    Miami
    I have a friend who knows a little about bass so i will talk to him and get him to look at it. Thanks.