Similar forum like Talkbass for guitar??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by phephron, May 29, 2004.

1. phephron

May 5, 2004
    Not to be blasphemous, but I am sure that there are quite a lot of bassists that also are capable guitar players. Is anyone aware of any web sites that have a similar site like this one for guitar? I looked at TalkGuitar, but it is quite small, and not a lot of activity going on there. I would love to hear of any spots. Thanks for the help.

2. A search would of turned up many results for this. There really isn't any guitar forums that have the quality of TB, but there are guitar forums. Just do a search on google and it will bring up many results.
  3. Hrm...wasn't aware they got that back up and running. It was down for the longest time.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    places need to have a hard-core moderation plan to succeed as we have. the boards that i've seen in the past generally disintigrated into disarray due to trollies. see for examples.
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

the ol' gearpage RAWKS. awesome info on all things boutique, etc.

if you're a fan of Fender guitars, there's , but they're a bunch of jerks. :spit:

i much prefer (dont ask :smug: ), but its run by the same cats, Dave & Lily who run the very cool....... where its ALL things Les Pauls.

then there's the Harmony Central Forums, but dont even bother with the "Guitar" lounge. mostly trolls. but the other lounges, like the Amp and Effects lounge are first rate.
  6. Note to self: Don't post when drunk.

7. I go the the forums at for my guitar needs. Cool people and it's pretty laid back.
  8. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003

I'm hardly ever over there anymore, but I'm "Thee" on it. Cool guys, Scott_F and Robert_S will treat you right.

9. I'm "Jake" on there (real original I know). Yeah, scott and robert are the equivalents of John and JMX here. About six months ago the forum had a get-together and it happened to be just 10 minutes away from where I lived, and I met Scott and some of the other bigger names of the board.
  10. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK atleast the name is simular :D :D :D

PS i dont know if that url even exists:]]]] dont blame me for anything!
  11. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    whatever... we would be just fine without you :smug:

also, i think about 95% of the population owns a guitar and is a "guitar player" so i'm sure you would have A LOT of bad quality posting. seems like bassists are more rare and more dedicated. i can't believe the talent and knowledge on this board.