1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Similar to Garbo but with higher tension?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by peri75, Mar 21, 2013.

1. peri75

peri75

Sep 26, 2009
    Athens , Greece
    Any ideas for a set with string diameters G~0.90 D~0.90 A~0.95 E~110(like the Garbo set) BUT of a little higher tension than the Garbo set( 25kg per string)?

2. Pirastro Chorda Carlos Henriquez. A great set of gut strings.

3. peri75

peri75

Sep 26, 2009
    Athens , Greece
    Hmmm...I remember i was considering those before ending up with the Garbos (which,by the way, are great strings ). I recently switched to Evahs but I can't say I like them. Can't go back to thin G strings after playing the Garbo G...I also don't like the tension and the "very focused but simple" way they sound.

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe I'll go with the chordas (when i get some extra money to spend:bag:

4. Evahs are bland. I've bought enough of them to be comfortable saying that. The Chordas are spendy, but they hold up well over time if you take care of them.

5. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp

Apr 13, 2006
    Colorado
    Maybe innovation ultra blacks. They are thick, dark, soft, but high tension.

6. Innovation Ultra Blacks are nice for pizz. Higher tension but still easy to play.