Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Similar to the Sleeves i want to get

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Feb 24, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I have seen this guy on tv a few times and i was really impressed by his ink and the way it sits on his forarms , the image has enough room to stand on its own and you can still see alot of natural skin as well. I have for several years been giving thoght to getting sleeves and my idea was to have Jesus on my right arm ( the arm the elevates the consecrated host at Holy Mass) and have the blessed Mother Mary on my left forarm, it just so happens he has exactly what i have been planning. Finding this pic has been very helpful to me in visualizing my idea even though it is not the excat image i would use.I would be planning to use the traditional full images of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary for the sleeves.I might have to wait several years to do it incase i get released for Military Chaplency, they dont like the Officers having visable tattoo's and i dont think the Bishop would go for it either :D .

Attached Files:

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    good luck at a job interview with thems! Especially if the employer ain't christian. IMO tatoos in general (unless discrete) areN'T the best choice to make in life (even though I really want a fa clef on my hand a "Barrel of Monkeys" sleeves") Often people end up regretting them and especially with religion who's to say you'll be christian for the rest of your life (not saying you wont be) but if ever somethign happens that makes you a non-believe I bet you'll be happy about that ink... Just my 0.02

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey if you could find these in a Christian theme you could put them on and take them off at your leisure. :D

[​IMG]

brad cook

4. Hey Major Metal!!

I hope this thread won't be too "religious" for talkbass... but here's a pic of one of my tat's. http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/Biblical_Animals/sword_and_serpent.php

It is clearly visible no matter what kind of clothes I wear. I am considered a "professional" as I own my own insurance agency. However; I never once considered or cared if I lost business because of the tat. (And Idon't believe I have) Even here in the "Buckle" of the Bible belt. Actually most of my clients (even the elderly) understand it.

There have also been numerous times I've been out and about (at the store or whatever) and people will stop and ask me about the tat. Which opens the door for me to share the Gospel, and has ended in 4 more names written in the Book of Life, that I will see again in eternity.
    I've also got this one.. http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/Biblical_Animals/lion_and_lamb.php

and a full backpiece that will probably not be done for several years.

Check out the whole website... it might give you some more ideas
    http://www.religioustattoos.net/

5. MAJOR METAL

6. MAJOR METAL

7. MAJOR METAL

8. sweet. My first 5 tat's were "b.C." I keep them as they all have meaning to me. My first tat was one I got right after my suiside attempt (I'm a failure... obviously). The next one I got during a time of complete "materialism" and the tat reflects this thought. Anyway.. I keep them as a reminder to me of what I've been taken out of. However; three of the old ones on my back are going to be slightly covered with my backpiece. (one was a nude of wife, and one was a "blood brother" tattoo that me and my bud designed and each got... ) Funny thing... at the time.. he was engaged to very nice girl he was cheating on... and whom I have now been married to for 13 years. They will be covered up slightly but still noticeable.

The new artwork will cover the rest of my back from neck to below the waist. And will be a complete spiritual warfare scene.

Anyway..... back to your topic... I like the sleeves... My forearms are so skinny sleeves would look stupid on me, or I'd already have sleeves. I don't care what the world thinks... they would have meaning to me and would be reflective of my beliefs (they would glorify my Saviour!) If that's your intent... who cares what the world thinks!!

9. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    That's great. I think I'm gonna buy em.

I like the good charlotte work. I'm not much for religious tatoos but if I were the work looks great.

I've a question for those who know more about this than I. Not meaning to derail your thread but I just finally found my next tatoo. I want to get it on my inner wrist. I am an inccredibly veiny guy - seems I have more veins than skin where I want to get the ink. What will be the deal with that? How do they work over it and will I wind up getting some kind of blood disease or tatooed veins?

10. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    As far as tattooing over veins goes, you should be fine. The needles sholdn't be going in deep enough to puncture anything major. And blood disease shouldn't be any riskier than tattooing anywhere else even if the vessels were to be punctured. A sterile instrument is a sterile instrument regardless of the size of the vien.

11. it's a good policy not to imitate anything Good Charlotte does.

12. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
  13. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    One of my friends has a verse in Samuel for which he was named. I want to get a pic of it sometime soon, but he is going to be getting ribbons with birds holding them up around it. I am really wanting to get a tattoo, but I have to think of where, and what. The theme will be religious, I just have to find something I want on my body for the rest of my life.

14. MAJOR METAL

Thank You :) , i got that one on my chest and it felt like 4 1/2 hours of open heart surgery with out going under. Needless to say i had a good session after that one. :D

15. dunharrow

dunharrow

Feb 22, 2005
    Minneapolis MN
    The guy in Good Charlotte whos tattoos you were admiring was tattooed by Adam Barton. www.adambarton.com. He is a good guy. I have been tattooed by him a couple of times. Check his work out.He travels a lot so you may be able to catch him close to you sometime.

16. MAJOR METAL

How is he priced?

17. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
  18. MAJOR METAL

19. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This thread scares the crap out of me. Those fake sleeves are also "way cool" I think Im going to have to buy a pair.

20. MAJOR METAL

Dont be scared :) PM comming your way.