Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Similarities between Pantera and Mudvayne

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 5s_tring freak, Jul 2, 2001.

1. I'm risking getting slagged off with this thread, but does anyone notice that the beginning of the Mudvayne song, "Dig", sounds like "Becoming" by Pantera? Also, their vocalist sounds like Philip Anselmo at times.

2. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Phil sings a little more than Kud I think. I don't think that "Dig" sounds anything like "becoming". Mudvayne's guitarist sounds like he is a beginner. None of their other songs even comes close to anything by Pantera. I think that you just might be hearing things ;) I just listened to the beginnings of both of them. Stop listening to the voices in your head man!! They're tellin' ya stuff that just ain't right :p :)

3. Listen to the song, not right at the beginning, but alittle way into it. There is a small bit that I think sounds like the main riff of Becoming.

4. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think that I know what you are talking about. When the drummer is doing double-bass. That kinda sounds like it but I don't know . . . .

5. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    I don't thing they sound too similar musically other than they're both really heavy and really good. Kud's screams are maybe a little similar to Phil's, but what trips me out is when you see MuDvAyNe live and their singer is talking between songs his speaking voice sound A LOT like Phil's speaking voice, but I don't think they're singing voices are all that similar. Both killer bands. I just saw MuDvAyNe on Sunday and they were great. Ryknow is so good it's sick.

6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I have to listen to the voices in my head -- they're the only ones that will talk to me!

7. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    They're not teeling you crazy stuff are they. If not then join in a conversation and have a good time!

8. theJello

theJello

Apr 12, 2000
    Just about everything sounds like something else.