Simmons Thorus?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by klharper, Jan 16, 2006.

1. klharper

klharper Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I went to Atlanta Bass Gallery the other day and tried out a few nice basses, but didn't stay long. One that caught my eye was the Simmons Thorus 434 Lined Fretless. It had a small body and was really light and played nicely. Also there was an Echo 434 that was quite nice as well. I really liked the small light bodies on the bass - I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of them or knows any more info about them?
    (scroll down to Simmons, click on links for pics)
  2. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    All I know is from what is on the website:

I believe he's a fairly new builder, so I don't know anyone who's played a Simmons yet.
  3. I imported a Simmons Echo from Bunnybass to the UK, and I have to say that it is superb!
    The body, although a bit of an odd shape, is so light and smoooooth that you cant put it down (actually, you cant put it down, because the bottom edge is angled and even on a stand its difficult to make it stay upright!)
    The sound, with the stock Barts is wonderful, and playability top class. Mine is the Zebra wood top, which I love, and about the only fault I can find is a hair trapped in the clear finish and a few small splits in the body wood, which I am assured are "vaccilli?" and absolutely nothing to worry about.
    Overall, a wonderful hand made bass for not too much money, and a real head turner.