Simple, good looking metronome

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by semborg, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Which should I get?

I want:
    1# Simple.
    2# Good design.
    3# With built on speaker, (No need of headphones).
    4# Option for use headphones.
  2. The Boss TU-80 is both a metronome and a tuner. It works well IMHO. And only $30.
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Sabine makes some nice metronomes, but let me warn you about one design you want to avoid:

I thought getting the MT-8000 would be a good idea because it has a built in tuner and other cool features, but it's no good. It only has a microphone, so you can't plug in your bass to tune up. Besides, scrolling to find a tempo takes forever.

I use une of these:

Sabine Zipbeat - less features than the MT-8000, but it does the one thing it's supposed to do well. Dialing in the tempo is a snap and it has all the other features you mentioned. It (and models like it) can be had for less than $20.
  4. I like this one, and it has a one ear headphone included, has a better click than some of these digital things(which beep, really awfull), not as good a click as an expensive swinging metronome(the old fashioned ones). also has a tuning tone on A 440 Hz.

Also a light only function if you don't want to hear the click but see something
  5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    A Good-looking female drummer who can keep a beat ;)