Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Simple, good looking metronome

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by semborg, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Which should I get?

I want:
    1# Simple.
    2# Good design.
    3# With built on speaker, (No need of headphones).
    4# Option for use headphones.

2. The Boss TU-80 is both a metronome and a tuner. It works well IMHO. And only $30.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Sabine makes some nice metronomes, but let me warn you about one design you want to avoid:

[​IMG]

I thought getting the MT-8000 would be a good idea because it has a built in tuner and other cool features, but it's no good. It only has a microphone, so you can't plug in your bass to tune up. Besides, scrolling to find a tempo takes forever.

I use une of these:

[​IMG]

Sabine Zipbeat - less features than the MT-8000, but it does the one thing it's supposed to do well. Dialing in the tempo is a snap and it has all the other features you mentioned. It (and models like it) can be had for less than $20.

4. Korg KDM-1, of course!

5. I like this one, and it has a one ear headphone included, has a better click than some of these digital things(which beep, really awfull), not as good a click as an expensive swinging metronome(the old fashioned ones). also has a tuning tone on A 440 Hz.

Also a light only function if you don't want to hear the click but see something

http://www.crossroads-music.org/catalog/matrix_mr500_quartz_metronome_3380153.htm

6. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    A Good-looking female drummer who can keep a beat ;)