Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Simple Midi Foot Controller

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by adam on bass, Nov 29, 2004.

1. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I am thinking of getting a MidiVerb 4 and wanted to know if anyone uses it and what midi controller they use with it? I am basically going to use the controller to go from patch to patch not anything fancy, not even really switch that much during a song. A four switch kinda thing would be ideal(this is what I was going to use it for: bypass, chorus, delay, whatever else I can think of).

2. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

4. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I had seen this one. I was also looking at the Rocktron Midi Xchange. It has a recall which would be cool to go from effects to bypass at least.

5. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    +1 for the Rolls Midi-Buddy MP-128. It works great. I control my VF-1 with one, and I've used it to patch switch a Midiverb too.

6. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Axess Electronics MCF5 is very good, though a little $$...

7. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Alright. I have decided I am getting the Microverb instead. I hate knob tweaking and the Midiverb looked way to complicated for what I need. Does that change anyones opinion? I am liking the Rocktron Midi Xchange and Rolls MidiBuddy so far, price range is in my liking as well.

8. The only thing I would recommend is that you reconsider the Midiverb 4. It really is an easy unit to figure out and sounds really good with bass, IMO.

For simple midi controllers, the TC Electronics G-minor is simple.

[​IMG]

The Randall 4-Button Midi switch is only $40 and is made by Axess Electronics.

The Roland GFC-50 is also pretty simple, solid, and can be used with any MIDI device.

But you can't really go wrong with the Rocktron or Midibuddy either.

9. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    I just got through talking to Alesis and they said the Micro and Midi are the same processors, the Midi is just has more features. On that note, I am going to stick with the Microverb.

I think I have decided on the MidiBuddy by Rolls. I have read all the reviews and no one has anything negative to say. And it's in my budget. Does anyone know if the pads on the MidiBuddy glow or light up? They look like they do.

How about momentary pedals for bypass and control features?

10. I don't think the buttons light up...I'm pretty sure they're just gray plastic. You know what preset you're on by the LCD display.

There isn't a momentary/bypass switch or continuous controllers (or inputs for continuous controllers). It's just a preset switcher.

If you haven't seen it, here's the manual.

11. adam on bass

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Thanx. I was inquiring about the pedals(bypass etc.) themselves. I read about the BOSS ones and they seem pretty good.

12. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Nope, they don't light up.

13. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Find an old ART X-11, 12 or 15 ... Yep they are pretty big and have more than you are currently asking for ... but they are built like tanks and show up ised for low dough pretty often. ... I can also guarantee thatwen you start paying with midi, you'll find that too many presets are just enough ... Get as many options as you can stick under your feet without tripping over in one understandable package