1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Simple piano chords program

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vass, Nov 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Vass

Vass

Nov 6, 2017
    Hello. Looking for a simple windows application that cap play piano or guitar chords. The idea is tha i punch the chords in and play bass over it. I dont have midi or other softwares and i dont want to spend too much time with it. So im looking for a basic app realy. Thank you.

2. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    MuseScore (Mac, Windows, Linux...) assuming you can handle writing the chords as notes. It doesn't play chords (written as letters) but will happily play them written as notes, and the price is hard to beat (free.) If you write them out once you can put the letters on over them and copy and paste to your heart's content from there.

Aside from Piano and Guitar, you can pick a very wide variety of instruments from the built in synth, some pretty good, some pretty cheesy.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I've used jamstudio.com - worked pretty well, but something seems to be screwy lately with it. Used it to generate the backing track for my bass clarinet noodling track here: Bass Clarinet noodling