Simple song for school

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Viviuos, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Hello all, I need a short little song for a school project. Preferably less then 7 different tones and no more then 2 note lengths. Something people would recognize would also be a bonus. I attend ITT in the Omaha area and have to do a class project that utilizes some digital electronics. I can give more info upon request. I have about 7 weeks to do this but I think I had better get started now in case I run into any problems. Thanks for the help.
  2. Do you have to write it? or just play a song?

Pink Panther gets my vote, that song is the epitome of badass. :bassist:
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Oh, My Darling Clementine.
  4. Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Just play it.
    Ok a few more criteria. No slide notes and fairly short. I would love to Pink Panther but that would end up being quite difficult.

A bit of technical stuff for anybody who cares/understands.

I plan on generating different tones with a bunch of 555 oscillators, and then controlling when each plays by way of some JK flip-flops and digital counters. Using a 741 for the amplifier into a little speaker that was included with our school tool box. I don't have any schematics yet. Within a few weeks I should have one roughed in so everybody can critique my stuff.

Edit: Tell all of your friends about this thread, perhaps somebody will find it and bestow some technical assistance upon me.