Simple/Stupid question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by [SD], Apr 10, 2004.

1. [SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    ok here it goes , please don't kill me...hehehe
    i'm bying my first i've chosen a SVP-BSP Ampeg Pre-amp, now i'm thinking of buying a warwick PRO-FET IV which doesn't have a preamp input, just the normal input, so should i just plug the PREAMP out to the AMP input and everything will be fine?...

one last thing if anyone knows any other good around 500$ - 400W amp with on/off graphic EQ tell me :D
  2. Considering you're buying a pre-amp why don't you look at getting a power amp? Using another bass head will limit you considerably with the amount of power you can get for that price. A quick search on revealed the following-

A search on E-Bay turned up these-

There! That ought to keep you busy for a while.

3. [SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    thanks just ckecked the links, there are some good options... but still not sure....i really use the graphic on/off EQ feature...i'll keep on searching...but those QSC look really good!
  4. I currently run a Ampeg SVP pre-amp through a Mackie M-1400i Power Amp. I run this set-up through 2 SWR cabinets: one a 6 x 10" speakers and the other a 2 x 15" speakers. This set-up is the bomb for larger venues. For a smaller scale club gig, you could still use one side of the Mackie Power amp and run one cabinet very efficiently too. Good luck.
  5. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    It's generally not a great idea to run a preamp into an amp head's instrument input; the head's input is not really designed for it.

If you still want to have a graphic EQ though, you have several options. One would be to buy a preamp that has a graphic EQ built into it instead of buying the SVP-BSP (for example, the SVP-PRO has one)... or you could buy the SVP-BSP and get a separate graphic EQ (check out Rane, they make some nice gear.)

And then you can get one of the power amps mentioned above. Buying a separate preamp/poweramp setup may be more than you want to spend, but it'll probably work better.