Simple yet brilliant bass line (this was the 1st bass line I ever deciphered 28 yrs ago)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Direct Box Rox, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Direct Box Rox

Direct Box Rox Silence = Deaf

Feb 12, 2012
    USA

bolophonic and Bioflava like this.
  2. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I love that tone.

I listened to a lot of Sisters in the day.

Direct Box Rox likes this.
  3. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Another excellent bass line (IMO) off the same album;

4. kjp360

kjp360

Feb 11, 2014
    My first ever bass gig (circa '85) featured a few Sisters tunes (Temple of Love and their Gimme Shelter arrangement). I was a 17 year old guitar player and my older bass playing acquaintance broke his hand punching someone so his goth/punk band recruited me as a fill in. I was super nervous knowing I would only get to practice with the band once before the gig. I didn't have a bass but the singer loaned me his for the gig, a beautiful Jetglo Rick 4001. Once I adapted to the longer scale and decided to keep it simple and focus on the groove I was golden. The bar was a freak show and I was not old enough to be there not that it mattered. Country jukebox bar on one side and a punk bands on the other...Bob's Country Bunker meets CBGB's. Brings back some crazy memories.

5. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Excellent - was this in NYC?

6. kjp360

kjp360

Feb 11, 2014
    No Direct Box Rock not NYC, although we do double for NYC a fair bit in film/tv shoots. It was in Hamilton Ontario. If there are any locals listening they might figure I am talking about the legendary Corktown Tavern but in this case I mean the long ago closed Golden Garter.

7. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Right on. We used to go to Canada quite often for 3 day weekends & sales meetings (mostly to Whistler in B.C.). The Golden Garter? Sounds similar to "The Brass Rail" in Millington, Tennessee (where I went to school while in the U.S. Navy :)

8. kjp360

kjp360

Feb 11, 2014
    The Garter was definitely an odd sketchy dump with a history if that what you mean, but there were some great shows there. I think it had been a steakhouse at some point also. Much later when it was a sports bar I helped run a jam/open mic night there for about a year. Now it is a prepared food store.

The Brass Rail in Toronto is a legendary dive, but it is what they used to call a 'gentleman's club'. I've been in there, and oddly enough there wasn't a gentleman in the place. I have been in a few other Brass Rail named bars around NA.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021