1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Simpsons Movie in 2007

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Simpsons' movie revealed in trailer

Homer Simpson hit the big screen on Friday in a short teaser trailer announcing "The Simpsons" movie.

The "Simpsons" teaser debuted prior to the opening of 20th Century Fox's latest animated film "Ice Age: The Meltdown." The clip announces Fox's July 27, 2007 release date for "The Simpsons" movie.

The animated 25-second clip opens on a giant superhero S. "Leaping his way onto the silver screen," intones a narrator, "the greatest hero in American history!" Cut to Homer Simpson sitting on his couch in his tighty whities. "I forgot what I was supposed to say," he says. The narrator continues, " 'The Simpsons Movie,' coming to the screen, July 27, 2007." "Uh, uh," says Homer, "we better get started."

The "Simpsons" clip discretely went out to theaters as part of a combo-trailer that includes Fox's "Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties." The same clip is expected to air during "The Simpsons" television show Sunday night.

The long-running animated television series created by Matt Groening and developed by James L. Brooks is currently being adapted for the big screen at Film Roman Studios in Burbank.

"The Simpsons" has been on television since late 1989. It started as a segment of Fox's "The Tracey Ullman Show" in 1987-88.

Film Roman Studios is a subsidiary of IDT Entertainment, which has a two-year multipicture deal with 20th Century Fox Animation.

Source : Hollywood Reporter
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002275630

trailer :
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thesimpsonsmovie/teaser/

Finally , Homer Jay on the big screen :D

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

That's more than a year from now!!!:spit: :spit:

3. yeah 477 days :D

4. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    ::shakes head::

If the last few seasons were any indication... this is going to blow more than "Snakes on a Plane!"

The simpsons used to be awesome (mostly in the 90's), but ever since they started adding celebrities and crazy scenarios to every new episode, it started to suck. Now theyve just run out of good ideas for episodes. I hope the writers there know they dont have to BE Family Guy... :scowl:

5. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Big deal. :rollno:

6. Does the phrase "trying too hard" come to anyone else's mind?

7. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    It was funny, last sunday, the simpsons were making a big deal out of "huge announcement to be made later in this episode" "the biggest announcement in simpsons history" etc. and then my local news played a lead in during one of the commercial breaks saying "And the television show 'the Simpsons' are going to the big screan for the first time. The movie will be released July 27, 2007."

Somehow, when the television show announced it, I don't think it had quite the impact they were hoping for. :meh:

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Metallica are going to appear on the Simpsons in May of this year.:bassist:

9. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Someone, somewhere is going to do something stupid concerning this.
    I smell a lawsuit :smug:

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I stopped watching new Simpsons episodes about 7 years ago. I continued to watch the reruns until the newer episodes were sold for syndication. Simpsons movie? Who cares? I'll wait for the next South Park movie.

11. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    *yawn* .... the Simpsons can't even muster 22 minutes of entertainment anymore. This looks to be the big final "cash in" before they finally put the show out to pasture.

12. lbpark

lbpark

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    +1 on everything except the Snakes on a Plane part. I'll be the first in line when that comes out, rubber snakes in hand. :D

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I haven't enjoyed any of the recent episodes.

But I'll still end up seeing it. In the theater. Probably opening night.

14. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    That's pretty cool. I'd like to see Dave Mustaine show up, and then Kerry King show up after him, and all hell break loose.

15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Anti-tort heathen Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    i wanna see it

16. Yeah, Lars will sue cause the artists didn't make his (receding) hair look just right! :rollno:

Christ I hate Metallica anymore!

17. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    +25

18. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Meh.

Sounds like an act of desperation.

Why else make so much brouhaha over a year in advance?

19. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    This has been a rumor for years so it's no surprise.

The Simpsons have been completly AWFUL for about the last 5 seasons. If they brought some of the old writers back for the movie then it might be decent (like Conan O'brien for instance).

I really wish the Simpsons did what Sienfeld did and just ended when their prime was over. The last few years have been an embarassment. I can't even sit though an entire episode anymore.

20. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i read about this a while ago.

the original idea was to make the movie when the series was at its end.

but then demand for a movie (or so they say) lead them to go ahead and make it.

my opinion is that the movie is a signal of the series' end, whether they intended it as such or not.

as far as seeing it, i'll wait until the reviews come in. if every review says that it is similar to the recent seasons, i'm not going.