Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

simultaneous input/output preamp switcher

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IvanMike, Aug 23, 2004.

1. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i like to switch between a few preamps ata gig now and then but swiching all of those cords can be a drag, besides i thought it would be cool to switch mid song on occasion

if nothing else i might get a lehle and throw it on top of my rack using it to switch between preamps into my stewart 2.1 and just unplug my bass from preamp #1 and into preamp #2

however, i think it would be really neat if i could get a footpedal that would switch the input of my bass from one preamp to the other AND at the same time redirect my signal to the poweramp to the preamp i'm going into at the same time. I's assuming that the 2nd function would have to be MIDI, especailly as you just dont want your signal to have to travel thru 20' more feet of cord just to get to the poweramp, not to mention that you dont want 12 cords running to the darned thing

does such a unit exist? or is there a tech who will make a custom unit like that?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
  3. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    looks pretty loopy to me :p

4. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    bump in case someone else has an idea

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Something like a Digital Music GCX, Mesa MidiMatrix or Amp Switcher, Axess-Electronics GRX4 or RX1, etc. sounds to me like what you're looking for.