Since everyone else is getting new gear...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TK65, May 31, 2003.

1. TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    ...I figured I would, too! Scored on eBay, this is a '92 Carvin DN640 doubleneck guitar/bass. Oh, so nice!

Check out those dual tremolos! Now that's cool. Yeah, I know, this is super-showy and obnoxious, but then again, so am I. And I just dig those doublenecks - this makes my fourth (DN440 fretted/fretless bass, DN612 6/12 string guitar, DN640 guitar/bass). It's unusual to play - the bass neck being on top is a little awkward, especially around the 3rd fret, because the guitar tuners are rather close to the bass neck. Still, you just don't see these every day, so I had to snag it. And it plays just great - I've been real lucky with my eBay purchases (knock wood), but I think this will do me for a while...

2. Wow! Cool thing! Congrats, man! It screams "rock'n'roll"! Would be great for a Genesis tribute band too. :cool:
  3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN

:eek: :bassist:
  4. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    now buy a bass drum and a snare and you can do it all by yourself;) like you haven't heard this before:rolleyes: :D and yeah roll on:bassist:
  5. TK65

Jan 16, 2003
  6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    theres one at a pawn shop near by for $1100 is this a good price?

if any body is intrested in it e-mail and we can work something out to get it.

7. TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    That's a little steep, actually. What kind of condition? What features? Bass on top? Etc, etc...

I paid $860 for the new one, $1300 for the 4/4 (but I kinda got taken on it, but just *had* to have it!, and it was before eBay), and about $750 for the 6/12. A 6/4 just sold yesterday on eBay for $895. So, based on my own experience, unless it's just super cool for some reason, around $900 is a good price for one in very good condition...
  8. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    This is like army talk ;)
    I need the MVP ASAP so I don't get the SARS and be on the WC all day, just ask the VP:D