Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Since everyone else is getting new gear...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TK65, May 31, 2003.

1. TK65

TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    ...I figured I would, too! Scored on eBay, this is a '92 Carvin DN640 doubleneck guitar/bass. Oh, so nice!

[​IMG]

Check out those dual tremolos! Now that's cool. Yeah, I know, this is super-showy and obnoxious, but then again, so am I. And I just dig those doublenecks - this makes my fourth (DN440 fretted/fretless bass, DN612 6/12 string guitar, DN640 guitar/bass). It's unusual to play - the bass neck being on top is a little awkward, especially around the 3rd fret, because the guitar tuners are rather close to the bass neck. Still, you just don't see these every day, so I had to snag it. And it plays just great - I've been real lucky with my eBay purchases (knock wood), but I think this will do me for a while...

K.
    http://www.carvinbassmuseum.com

2. Wow! Cool thing! Congrats, man! It screams "rock'n'roll"! Would be great for a Genesis tribute band too. :cool:

3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Doubleneck!

*doubletake*

:eek: :bassist:

4. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    now buy a bass drum and a snare and you can do it all by yourself;) like you haven't heard this before:rolleyes: :D and yeah roll on:bassist:

5. TK65

TK65

Jan 16, 2003
  6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    theres one at a pawn shop near by for $1100 is this a good price?

if any body is intrested in it e-mail and we can work something out to get it.

later

steve

7. TK65

TK65

Jan 16, 2003
    That's a little steep, actually. What kind of condition? What features? Bass on top? Etc, etc...

I paid $860 for the new one, $1300 for the 4/4 (but I kinda got taken on it, but just *had* to have it!, and it was before eBay), and about $750 for the 6/12. A 6/4 just sold yesterday on eBay for $895. So, based on my own experience, unless it's just super cool for some reason, around $900 is a good price for one in very good condition...

8. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    This is like army talk ;)
    I need the MVP ASAP so I don't get the SARS and be on the WC all day, just ask the VP:D