Since we're all confessing...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Jan 11, 2005.

1. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I got the 40th anniversary 2 DVD rerelease of Mary Poppins for Christmas. That's right...I said I got the 40th anniversary 2 DVD release of Mary Poppins for Christmas.

Poppins rocks..Dick Van Dyke was a quasi-cockney stud. Great songs great movie. If you've never rocked the Poppins then you need to. Any other MP fans here? I've not even that big of a fan of musicals in general but I've always liked MP since I was a little kid. It's creative and it was ahead of it's time.

I gotta go...It's steppin' toym.

brad cook
  2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    :) Great movie!
  3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Speaking of musicals, Singin' in the Rain is my #1 movie of all time. :bassist: :D
  4. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Okay......I cried during Beaches :bawl:

No I didnt.....I haven't even seen are a bunch of softies! :D
  5. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    I, too, love mary poppins. I can also sing along to all the Grease songs, which I am not proud of.
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    That movie is awsome...

And MP is a babe.
  7. Does spinal tap count as a musical? If so, i definately love musicals. If your talking about oklahoma, west side story, 99% of the disney movies, nah....never heard of them. :)
  8. my confession:

i secretly have a crush on the chick from aladin.

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I cried when I heard "I don't want to miss a thing" Aerosmith. The movie was poop on a poop platter, but the song was gold.

And Mary Poppins is a great movie, when we were kids, Mary Poppins was the only movie both my sister and I liked, so we'd always end up watching it. We also watched "Bedknobs and Broomsticks", but that didn't have the same charm.
  10. So? I wanted to root Aladdin.
    I also would like to "get to know" the Prince of Persia (yes, from the game) - but the old one, not the new Warrior Within guy.

I have a whole heap more, but I'm afraid there's not enough webspace. :/
  11. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I confess to nothing!

I hide my vintage Beastie Boys and Run-DMC cassettes...
    :bag: ....wheh! :D
  12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Dude! Run-DMC are the illin'-est! Beastie Boys aren't to shabby either.
  13. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I like the Cardigans. And Meshuggah.
  14. _Unregistered_

Nov 3, 2004
    South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut. You don't even dig that it's a musical until it sneaks up on you at the end, and all the themes mesh when presented together. Effin' Brilliant.

...And besides, mary Poppins ain't got $hit on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
  15. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    LOL....... and +1. I hate watching dancers trying to sing!
  16. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    the book of mary poppins was much better.
    it was more sinister and unsettling than the film lets on.

for example in the book mary poppins is very very vain and arrogant, and is always making quite weird comments about how she looks and how great she is.

also, there's a quite scary section in the book where mp takes the children to a sweet shop run by two sisters. the sisters have hands made of gingerbread and break off their fingers to give to the children. i always found that part disturbing.
  17. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Let's keep Matt Till's music preferences in Bassturtle's thread.

brad cook
  18. I want the LOTR SE box aint a musical but it's a film WITh good music in it. I want the soundtrack too. :hyper:
  19. dedmyers

Dec 23, 2003
    Rocky Horror all the way
  20. hell yeah man, i love the cardigans ever since gran tourismo and farorite game! since then i went out and bought their cd, its sooo tight i like to listen to it when i am just relaxing