Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Since you guys are the efficiency experts...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeorgiaHonk, Apr 19, 2005.

1. ...speaker efficiency, that is. I want to add a second cabinet to my current rig. Right now I'm using an Avatar B212, and am considering adding either the B210 or the B115. Since there are no specs on Dave's site anymore, I was wondering if one of these cabs is vastly more efficient or considerably louder than the other. Thanks in advance.

2. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I guess the 210 would be louder because they have twice the power handling than avatar's 115. The 212 with a 115 will give you all the lows you would ever want, but with a 210 you will get your highs as well. Highs are more audible than lows, so i would assume the 210 would give you more volume than the 115 as well

3. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    Power handling (even when honestly specified) offers little indication of speaker efficiency. Actually, higher power handling usually goes hand in hand with lower efficiency.

4. The B115 averages about 96db. The B210 averages about 99db. The B212 averages about 98db.

I have a B115 and B212 and the B212 is noticably louder but the two can be combined effectively. I would imagine that any of their cabs would combine effectively.

5. Thanks a bunch guys. Anyone else have an opinion?