Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sing or be killed!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, May 29, 2005.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Apparently this law passed or about to be passed...

In Russia the government either passed or will pass a law saying that "lip-synching will be a federal crime under article of "fraught" and will be punishable as criminal offence"

THANK YOU LORD... Russia is last place i expect to pass a good law like that... more countries should follow...

if you say otherwise you are wrong... This is only time EVER i agree with those commies... but damn do i agree with them!

PS not 100% sure about this... but thats what i saw/heard it might be true... either way its a great idea!
    Cheers

2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    It's about Dam time! :p

3. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    now they just need to do that here

4. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding the commie thing..... on a side note, maybe this will cut down on crappy acts. Now all they need is for pop stars getting others to write their music for them. Right comrade?

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I am Russian:) i am allowed:) Plus its true;)

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Damnit, I better get my money back for those Ashley Simpson tickets I bought for moscow :(.

7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    You bought Ashlee Simpson tickets for ALL of Moscow? What did they ever do to you?

8. Hes working for the government, its their new plan to lure out the commies. Dontcha know Commies are all over lip synching?

9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Now if we could just get sampling and those dam pitch shifting software things banned. Half the music business would be immediately looking for day jobs. And I doubt Paris Hilton would be able to "bless" us with her groundbreaking new CD! :p

Also I think the new No Synth bass law, with the Stevie Wonder exception, of course, is a great idea. Man tell congress to quit messing with filibusters so it can do the work of the people (bass players)!!!

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Yeah.. But in all fairness, THEY TRICKED ME :(! They said they'll give me some of their magical snow, all I got in the mail was water.