1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Singers and Tunings, AHOY!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Lunardecay, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Lunardecay

Lunardecay

Mar 6, 2006
    Hey, I am the (co/primary) singer for my band, NOA.
    We are an experimental rock band, and I was just wanting to see how many of us thumpers sing?
    By the way I was just wondering what tunings to you all primarily use?
    We use standard tuned down 1/2 a step....so, Eb...
    Some times we do drop-D down 1/2 a step, but mostly (98% of the time we do Eb.)
    Im doing producing a song and being the session bassist for this band called Chance of Reign, and theyre guitarist's tuning is Drop D down 2 whole steps and a 1/2!
    Thats like Drop A! Its really low, good thing I have heavy bass strings, lol.:smug:

Anyways, see ya! :bag:

2. Lunardecay

Lunardecay

Mar 6, 2006
    I cant be the only singer here can I?

3. MikeRS

MikeRS

Aug 16, 2005
    Clinton, MA
    I sing and tend to use standard tunings. Being a pianist as well I tend to get lower notes from my bass pedal synth and some songs of mine have no electric bass at all, and the whole bass line is played by my left hand on the keys.

Some alternate tunings I have used though instead of synth bass:

DADG (pretty standard)
    Eb Ab Db Gb (again standard)
    DGCF (also standard)

for the wierd ones:

FAEF
    Eb CDA
    EEEE (same gauge each sting for all four as a joke, did it for a guitarist who thought bassist only played one string)

4. Lunardecay

Lunardecay

Mar 6, 2006
    God, with an EEEE Tuning I do limitless things. That might as well be the best tuning invented, we can call it Drop MikeRS, lol.

5. Rich600

Rich600

Nov 22, 2004
    Scotland
    Double post :(