Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Mankind, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    Currently i'm looking for a punk singer, but i've got a few points i'd like to have but if you could add anymore or from personal exp have any ideas for me i'd greatly appricate your reply.

1) Should be a goodlooking front person (sex still to be discussed for our image)

2) Good showperson/charasmatic (links with crowd etc)

3) Can sing punk and enjoy it (obviously)

4) Has background knowledge of song writing and a general knowledge of what we expect as a band

5) Having transport capiblities and also having their own equipment or having a plan to get their equipment

These points are in no specific order but if you could give any tips i'd be greatful as i have high hopes for the band and we want someone who'll do us justice (-:

2. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    All those things are important, find someone with vocal training..
  3. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Those points are a good place to start but for me, the most important thing to look for is: 1) gets along with the band members. 2) has a way to get arround on their own. 3) has their own gear. Being able to sing/play is the easy part. Without these three things, it gets old bringing extra mics and cabs or having to pick up someone. There is alot to being a band member and if is important to them they will find a way to by micstands and cables. :bassist:
  4. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    For a punk band?!

Hardly in tune with the punk ethic is it? :meh:

My only comment on yuor list is,

A punk singer, with their own equipemnt. You'll be lucky!!! :D

Good luck!
  5. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Does seem wierd for a Punk band. But one of the things that vocal training can help for a Punk band is endurance. People with poor technique can run their voices into the ground pretty quick. Not good if you are playing an all-niter. Even worse if you have to play all-niters two nights in a row.

Here's a link to something I posted on this forum earlier regarding singers.
  6. bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    the best punk singers all sing in tune
  7. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002

Correction: decent singers sing in tune
  8. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Who cares what style of music! Just because punk is not hard to play doesn't mean your guitarist or bassist or drummer don't need lessons. To me singing is harder than playing an instrument. Like Jive said if you don't what you are doing you can damage your vocal cords. Punk doesn't mean your allowed to sing out of tune. It's up to you. If your going to spend thousand of dollars in gear etc. you may as well go the extra mile and be the best punk band in your area. That's just my 2 cents to each is own.