1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Singing over complicated bass lines

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by W M Stephens, Oct 4, 2017.

1. W M Stephens

W M Stephens

Apr 11, 2017
    I started playing bass in 1962. After wasting most of my formative years as a civil servant, I turned professional and toured the American Bases in France. I was the only one in the band that could be let loose on the mic, but I didn't realise how difficult it was playing bass and singing. Black Is Black was suggested by the band, recorded by Los Bravos, took me quite a while to synchronise the both. Next was Band Of Gold by Freda Payne, a difficult one. Took me years to be able to split my brain in two, one side concentrating on the bass line, the other on singing. It takes a hell of a long time. Now I play in a group doing covers like I Shot The Sheriff, now that's a tester (The Eric Clapton version) and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young covers.

biguglyman likes this.