1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Single 2x12 Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GigJones, Oct 7, 2009.

1. GigJones

GigJones

Jun 10, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    How many of you use just a single 2x12 cabinet when you gig?

Tell me about your rig and the style/genre of music you play.

Thanks.

2. Amo

Amo

Dec 5, 2008
    Brussels, Belgium
    Endorsing Artist: SP Custom, Eminence, Matamp, BMS Guitars
    I do.

I play an all-tube Ampeg from the 80's (guitar head) through a single 2x12 and it sounds great !
    I mostly play Stoner/Grunge rock in a heavy power trio.

3. dronnba

dronnba

Nov 7, 2002
    Porvoo, Finland
    I play in a blues/rock trio. I use a GK RB700-II amp and a FMC 212 neo cab. Have had no problem being heard in clubs with up to 300 people.

Dronnba

4. Ergogigrig.

Posted this pic before, but what the heck. What you see is what you get. Peavey VB2 (225watts of all-tube goodness) hooked up to my Genz Benz neox212t. Plenty of power for my 4 piece classic rock, blues, and old-school R&B.

5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    the only problem with this thread (and a million like it) is that not all 2x12 cabs are equal. There is no 2x12 sound. zip zero nada.

There is no 15 sound or 12 sound or 10 sound. So many variables are in cabinet and speaker design that they all sound different. You really need to try a bunch of cabs and see which ones do it for you.

Now that i got off my soapbox, I've used epifani and bag end 212 cabs, both were cool, both were very very different.

6. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I've been using a single HT212 with a 1000W head and couldn't be happier.