Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Single adapter power for pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Reemo_bassist, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Hi,

Just wondering, is it kosher to have one power supply powering several pedals (parallel connections) provided the overall wattage doesn't exceed taht of the PS? surely...

L

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Yup. Keep an eye on your current draw and you'll be fine.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If your voltages the same, it'll work, something like a VisualSound OneSpot will do the trick for 9V. Other than that, I don't think they make a single power supply for different voltages. This will fry some pedals I'm sure.

4. ta. Lol getting back to the old forae after three years of spending money on ralph lauren shirts instead of what I shoulda.

Bass. Big big big rigs :D

L

5. This is the most important thing. Although most pedals draw the current they need, chaining a bunch of them might result in a very poor, per pedal, current supply.
    Voltage will be the same for all of them (9VDC or 12VDC) but the current limit on your PS will have to be divided for all of them.
    If like me you use a MeatBall which is kinda thirsty in current 200mA min draw but better sound with up to 1A, a dedicated PS will provide better results...
    Of course some people like dirt... in that case don't worry about it.