Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

single coils for EH synth & ATK's....AHHH

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Si-bob, Dec 11, 2002.

1. i'm looking for a bass with single coil pickups (my EH micro synth works best with single coils apparently), i was leaning towards a fender jazz 5 but i'v just seen the Ibanez ATK basses, but only one of their p'ups is a single coil, the other is a triple coil, and even when the single coil is selected it sais it implements the noise canceler in the triple coil, is this gonna defeat the object of having a single coil for my purpose?
    tnx
    *Si*

p.s.
    probly coulda worded all that a lil better :) sorry

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Only if "your purpose" is to pick up hum? :) No, the single-coil mode will have a single-coil sound (it's only "seeing" a narrow section of string) even though it uses the dummy coil.

3. the ATk makes many wonderful tones. do be aware that if you like to bump the Onboard EQ on your bass, the effect's response will be altered. I dont care for either of my ATK's with effects. I find the Passive basses are more attuned to that.

4. atk is passive init?

*Si*

5. on the 300 series and up are all active.

6. to bad, i wanna passive

*Si*