SIngle echo with tap

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mathewjg, May 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. mathewjg

mathewjg

Dec 26, 2009
    London
    There are a few tunes that use an echo on the bass eg Rihanna - Only girl in the world. It would be handy to get that effect which is a single echo and it would need a foot operated tap switch to get the right tempo and maybe a reverse echo option.
    Is there anything that can be recommended.
    Its not going to get used very often so not worth spending a fortune on it. Of course I could just play the echo note but its nice to have a new gadget.

2. halech54

halech54

Jul 15, 2015
    Richmond VA,
    I use the Boss Space Echo RE-2 which you can hold the footswitch down to activate tap or use an external tap. Set it to the first playback head and for the intensity to be pretty low and I think you'd have it

Killing Floor likes this.
  3. RJ

RJ

Aug 17, 2000
    San Francisco
    DD-3T will get you there.

FWIW, love tap tempo but it’s less important for super short/slap back style repeats.

halech54 likes this.
  4. halech54

halech54

Jul 15, 2015
    Richmond VA,
    Walrus ARP-87 is another favorite with a slap mode

5. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Re: the single echo, that's the easy part. Virtually all delay pedals can do a single echo by zero'ing the feedback control. Slapback delay is achieved that way.

Reverse delay is going to be harder to find than, say, reverse reverb. For that, something big but very good for the money like the EHX Cathedral could get you both.