Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

single for the first time in 11 months

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Oct 25, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    well yesterday i got dumped. after going out with jasmine since january 2nd 2003, i got dumped.

she came over to my house( Which she rarley does) and was miserable the enitre night. We were watching a movie on TV and when the ads came on, i looked over at her and mouthed the words 'i love you' then she just said 'im not happy'. then we went into the big discussion of why i cant buy her things, because im paying of my new bass. after i pay it off, ill buy her something and 'prove' my love to her :rolleyes:. then she just said 'theres nothing there anymore, i think we should go our seperate ways'. This is the point in time where my heart broke.

After 10 or 15 minutes of babbling, she left. I told her to remember the good times, and to forget the bad. then as she walked down the front stairs of my house, i hugged her, kissed her for one last time and told her i love her. I stood there while the girl i love drove away in the spring showers of melbourne

she originally came from sydney, and she said that she is going to move back up there where all her friends are, but i doubt it. I dunno, i was getting sick after 11 months, she kept complaining that she didnt want to be put second to the band. And my band means alot to me, we may not be much, but it means alot to me. she was wanting me to be with her 24/7 and i couldnt. i needed ME time. I was basically telling her little white lies each and every day so i could live my life.

just thought i would let you all know. Oh, and no one posts and garbage in the amps forum for the next few days, or there WILL be hell to pay ;)

2. Sorry to hear that, but she needs to understand that your world cant revolve around her 24/7. If she can't accept that fact that you enjoy your band then she wasn't the right one for you. Very sorry to hear what happened, good luck to you my friend. ~ Ty

3. Single after 3 years. And it doesnt get any easier. But hey Im here if you need it bud. ;)

If we were in the same state we'd be at the pub pissed about now. hehe

:D:D

Merls

4. Well, you're taking it pretty good, at least.

5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Im suprised at that. i wasnt last night, and im not 110% sure weather or not it has sunk in yet..

But thanks guys, the thread hasnt even been open 2 minutes and i have 3 replies already..thanks alot :D

6. Hey, you replied in all our thread where we bitched about our love lifes and other crap. It's the least we could do. :D

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    murmur murmur million fish in the sea, orgasms hurt ability to have lucid dreams, don't mix bologna with milk, and all that.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Meh. Atleast she didn't drop you on valentines like my last girlfriend did... that biznatitch. oh well.

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    are you daft? valentines day is THE day to be dumped, if I had one day in the year, I pick valentine's day, yeeeeeesh.

;)

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Well... I wouldnt have cared... but I went out of my way to bring the hoe chocolates.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive been single for.... *counts on fingers* 14 months. August 2002 i dumped my girlfriend of 6 months. Have regretted it every day since. But now shes a real bitch to all the guys i know, including myself. O well.

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Kirby -

Anytime you need to "vent" about it, drop me a PM.

As my father likes to say: "Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, starred in the video."

Things get better, no matter how bad they may (or may not...) seem.

As tough as 11 months seems (and I'm not making light of your situation), try 13 years. I was a basket case for most of 10 months, and am just now starting to get my $h!t back together mentally/emotionally.

You sound like you're doing ok right now, hope it continues that way.

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I can always tell someone is in their mid teens when they state the very date they started going out.

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Jared, I met my (now ex) wife on August 17th, 1990, at 3 pm in the afternoon, at Donnie Ray's Guitar's on Montrose Street in Clermont, FL, the student that got his lesson 15 minutes late was Kenny Berger.

I was NOT in my mid-teens at the time. I can still remember the very moment 13 years later.

:D

Generalizations are generally not a good idea! ;)

15. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I can always tell that someone really loves the person when they state the very date they started going out.

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I can always tell when milk is going sour, after I puke:meh:

17. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Kirby- that sucks man, i feel for you, but things always work out for the best in some weird way

Originally posted by Jared Morante
    that doesn't mean anything, i'm not even going out with amanda (yet, circumstances are complicated) and i can tell you the exact day, time, place and even what we were both wearing and what we had for dinner

18. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Hey Kirbs, sorry to hear about your breakup. I know it's sounds like a cliche but you will get over it in time. I actually need to agree with Tyler here as well: If she was unable/unwilling to accept that there were other things in your life besides her then it's probably for the best. Doesn't make it any easier right now though, I know. :meh:
    Feel free to vent in my direction anytime, mate. :p
    I got extremely trashed at a friend's wedding last night otherwise I would definitely step up for a consolation beverage or two in Merls' place. ;)

19. Kirby,

Take care of yourself and know that somewhere- there is a women who loves music as much as you do!

[​IMG]
    Treena

20. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Kirb, you have a good attitudes about it, and Tyler hit the nail on the head......life is too short to spend too much time down over anything. Get out get gigging, and live life for yourself. Everything happens for a reason in life, remember that!

Keep yer chin up!