1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

single for the first time in 11 months

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Oct 25, 2003.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

When you wake up in the morning and realize that you don't owe your day to anybody, it's a powerful feeling.:)

Loneliness does hurt, but being in a relationship going nowhere is worse.

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Very wise words.

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm...

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Sorry to hear that Kirby!

Been there, done that also :)

I got dumped after a 4 1/2years relationship in july 2002, still single after that :meh:

It took me a good while to get over it, but I did and I know you will too!

Relationships are about compromises, giving and taking. If she was not willing to let you have your time with the band, well, so be it then. This may be for the best for you.

Hang in there!

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

The point is that for some reason only kids in their mid-teens seem to share that info. You can pretty much set your watch by it. Not sure why...

Not saying it's bad, I just find it a little funny that's all.

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    maybe teens have a better memory than some of the old guys here;)

Jared- i just check your profile, if ou were born in 80, that would make you 23, you're not that much older than the teens here..

i agree that it seems like teens remember that stuff really well...

but thats probably because we have no lives...really... some of us may not have jobs...may not have cars...don't have a family to raise...so there isn't alot going on in our lives

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

I think the keyword here is IF

mwa hahahahaha

7. You seem to be taking it well. Whenever I get dumped (not that often, I don't have girlfriends much) or get rejected, I try to think with the mentality of "Why would I want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with me?" It doesn't work at first, but as time passes you'll find that it's probably better that it turned out this way.

8. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    Bummer:meh: :meh:

On a side note, If it helps you will not have to buy her a gift for x-mass

9. Kirby - sorry to hear that dude. But wait and see how things turn out. Yeah, I've had my heart broken too, but time is a great healer. Fill your days with things that make you happy - the band is probably a good outlet. Time will make things easier to deal wuth, and put things in perspective!

Gard - sorry to hear that there was no reconciliation, I know it got you pretty bad.

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Man I got dumped earlier this year for a very reason. The new girlie also wants me around 24/7. It just can't happen. Why don't women understand this?

If I can help in any way Kirbs, PM me.

11. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Thanks for the kind replies. time does heal all wounds, but for 11 months, as much as ive hated it, ive gotten used to talking to her every day. And i havent spoken to her for 2 days, and im getting an iffy feeling.

Although there is a great feeling of relief, i must admit that. not even 48 hours after being single, my cousin has alread found another girl that like me...

Im a stud...:cool: :rolleyes:

But thanks for condolences, its gunna take time, but you gotta live life to the msot i suppose. Thanks again

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I try to warn every girl I get involved with that it is band first girl somewhere later.

I also try to make sure they see all the things that I do that they dont like nice and clearly. (She hates pot and even thoh Im not big on it I was really around the stuff alot the week that first started getting serious and I let her know.)

That being said, my girl is really upset that I ditched her to jam with my co-workers late last night.

Peace
    Nick

13. 'what annoys you the most about women' post?

:D

i am truly sorry to hear of your loss there. but it's true that time heals all, and it's better to find out where people stand earlier in the game than later.

i've gotten dumped by 3 guys. all rather unceremoniously, too. i got over it quick, though. i figure if someone doesn't want me around, why should i stick around?

more women need more hobbies and then they wouldn't be so damn clingy with their men. i for one welcome the days when i have a little solo time. even though i love my man.

whom i had my first date with on August 7, 1994. and still love to this day!

:hyper:

14. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Sorry to hear about that Kirbs.

Still, believe me, you're better off being single than with someone who doesn't (and never will) understand your music.

I've been single for the past 17 months, so you aren't alone. We all feel for you but know you'll be back on your feet soon! :cool:

15. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    You know what, I used to believe this but experience has proven me wrong.

You're a rare breed of woman ;)

16. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Man, your taking it well.
    I know half of the guys here will probobly laugh at me for being 16 but, im in a relationship of 9 months and i know that must be crushing, even when me and my g/f fight i feel crap, you just have to take it all in your stride.

When your up, it never seems high enough, and when you down, you never think you gong to be up again, but you will.

Go play bass :bassist:

17. pineapple

pineapple

Oct 16, 2003
    lexington, ky
    speaking as a girl. girls are bad for you and you should avoid them. :spit:

as for me, i'd love to find some guy who rocks out with his own bloody friends sometimes and leaves me alone. my last boyfriend (whom i dumped well over a year ago) was clingy and oppressive (which equals insecure). good riddance apron-clinging dude, hello bass. aahhh! :p

maybe i'm one of the rare breed who is guitar and friends first. i think with chicks we come few and far between. i'm sure you'll be fine, man. somewhere, there's a girl out there who appreciates independent guys who rock out.

18. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    pineapple, i want to PM you my number, too bad i live in ireland :bawl:

Oh, and the fact i have a g/f i love

19. pineapple

pineapple

Oct 16, 2003
    lexington, ky
    yeah, well, it would be in your best interest, then. LOL! girls have a hard enough time finding the decent guy, they don't need problems from other girls, as well.

oh, and the fact that you're just a wee bit young for me. ;)

20. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    aw crap, i got turned down :rolleyes:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021