1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

single for the first time in 11 months

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Oct 25, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    ive been single for 3 days. since then ive had 3 girls that are interested in me :D :eek:

im goi ng to take each day as it comes. Ill do what i want when i want. It is a powerful feeling when i wake up in the morning and i dont have anyone to answer to. I was always rushing around in my life because i knew i didnt have much time to get things done, because jasmine always wanted me there. since we have gone our seperate ways, ive had a hell of alot more time on my hands. i can sit and watch TV with mum and dad, and not be on the phone for hours on end.

Its slowly getting better, and so i am. Thanks alot guys :D

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Does anyone here believe in "Name-ology". That's the unofficial term for the phenomenon where your name plays a big part in determining your personality.

Every "Jasmine" I've ever met is fiercly bad tempered and very unreasonable. Am I in the ballpark Kirbs? Of course I'm only generalising ........

3. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Very in the ball park.

4. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    girls don't like boys girls like cars and money.

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I have hade to get used to being single it kind of goes with what i do. You do get use to being on your own but "everybody should have somebody sometimes". Keep Rockin all you single people

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hey, I've been single for 19 years and 3 weeks; no regrets either.

Maybe in the next year or two I'll be "attached", (if a certain Victoria Silvstedt pops up for me).

7. Damn dude...screw her,any woman complaining because you're not buying her stuff needs to be kicked to the curb.

Enjoy the single life:)

8. Maybe it's all for the best Kirbs. From what you've said, it doesn't sound like she was the right one for you.
    I've been around for a while and have seen many relationships bite the dust; and you know, when the female was asked "why did you stay so long when you knew that there were things about ( name ) that you didn't like from the start?" their answer is always "I THOUGHT THAT I COULD CHANGE HIM."

So, if you are thinking of starting a new relationship with someone else, I'd recommend being very up front and honest with them about the things in your life that are non negotiable and essential to you ( Basses, bands ) and then you'll have a much happier personal life and partner from word go.
    Wouldn't it be nice to find a girl who sings, or plays an instrument :D
    That's been the case with me.
    But she still reckons I'm a Bassmaniac. :bassist:

9. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Ohh hell yeah

Thanks bassmaniac. Theres a girl at school a year down from me that has been really sweet, she always comes over and starts conversation, she gave me a hug the other day ect, she is a nice girl, and attractive aswell. What makes it even better, she is a PIANIST! She understands my NEEDS (not wants, well ok, wants) and yeah!

But im enjoying the single life at the moment...3 weeks ago it was 'you can look but dont touch'.

Those rules do not apply now :D

10. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    ok ok this is just not fair, first in this thread i have some girl turn me down for being too young, and too far away but shh, then the guy who is ment to be down is talking about a girl, who is attractive, and likes music enough to play an instrument, i mean, god i hate ireland, there are NO music chicks here :spit:

Edit: ok we have the corrs but they are so last millenium:rolleyes:

11. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    haha :D

Jasmine and i spoke last night, and she wants to get back together. I cant think of a way of telling her that i dont want to. I know theres no way i can do it without hurting her, but how can i say it to minimise the hurt? argh, this sucks :spit: :rolleyes:

12. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    <BR><BR>Just tell her. Straight out. Believe me that the abolutely best way to deal with this type of situation is to simply and honestly tell her what you want/feel. Especially if she tends to react as you have described. :meh:
    Try not to get involved in recriminations or histrionics. Definitely don't end up not telling her what you feel because you don't want to hurt her feelings or something.
    Then go home and play your (extremely sweet-looking) new TRB. :D

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think she was referring to your bank account.

14. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    It seems like everybody wants a piece of the Kirby pie.
    As for your ex, just tell her that there is plenty of Kirbs to go around. This should either:
    a) get rid of her, without telling her you don't like her (although she may be hurt)
    b) open up a lot of possibilities.;)

You are a winner.

15. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    That sucks... a lot...

The Bottom ________ is that 'girls' suck, you are never right, you are always wrong... There is no middle ground. Its the Wrong opinion and Her opinion.

Well, Maybe you shouldnt have a 'serious' relationship for awhile, you sound like you really liked her.

Things like this have happend to me many times, but not after a long relationship, that just plain sucks.

16. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Yeah, im just going to 'play the feild' :D

On tuesday we are meant to go out and fix things up. im gunna have to tell her that i dont want to get back together. Thats all i can do

Thanks guys ;)

17. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Why worry about sparing her feelings? Where were her worries for yours when she decided to leave? THE ONLY reason she is back is because, you let her go and didn't chase after her, like she expected you to. Had you begged, pleaded, or otherwise went out of your way to try to keep it together, she wouldn't of given you the time of day. As a matter of fact, I was actually predicting she would do this, since you kept a cool, and civil head about the situation.

Just be honest, and THANK her for making you realize how bunk that relationship was.

18. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Sorry Kirbs I forgot to warn you about that. It always happens.

There's 2 ways to handle it.

1/ make the groud rules clearer and see if she still wants to get back together.

2/ remind her who dumped who and tell her to get lost.

In reality it usually ends up being a combination of both.

Oh here's another thing I should warn you about. If you decide not to get back together, she will probably want to remain friends. Start thinking about how you're gonna react to that one.

19. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    That pretty much never works either. Enjoy your freedom man!

20. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    SOOO true ...

A few years ago i was in a relationship that was pretty useless, but i never really told her how i felt....ah well..

Anyway ....this chick started the ol' "i think we should break up" routine, thinking that i was going to be distraught. And my reaction was pretty much "YAAY:D "...

The second she saw that i was stoked about it, she wanted to get back together, giveing me countless lines of "i didnt really mean it ...blah blah"

Chicks are weird man ........Enjoy your freedom, going out to clubs and pubs with the boys is MUCH funner when your single, than it is when you have the baggage of a relationship.

But definitely dont go jumping into anything to fast ......try a few out before you buy one;)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021