Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Singlecuts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by page, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Can anyone suggest a good midpriced singlecut? I like the Les Paul style but Ive heard that Epi and Gibson suck so........But please post some singlecuts that are good basses and affordable. Thanks.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    For midranged Les Paul-style singlecuts, check out the G&L ASAT bass and the Godin Freeway (I think?). Both are quality basses.

3. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Get a new Ibanez Artcore.

4. What about the LTD EC models? I've never tried one myself, but heard several live, and they all sounded mean as hell.

Good stuff, for not a lot of bucks.

5. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
  6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    He is a high school kid trying to raise sets of twins, one identical, one siamese. Bolin is not his idea of affordable.

7. And their not even MINE!

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Mr Bennet! They are. Sheesh I though I learned you betta than that.

9. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    To add to this thread in a semi-beneficial way, I played a Gibson Les Paul bass once.

I either really, really liked it. Or I really, really hated it.

10. It's Bennett YOU GOAT-Mangler!!!!

11. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
  12. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Ibanez AGB140- I think that's the artcore a couple of the guys are talkin about. I've got one, and it's pretty nice.

13. +1
    +1

+Ryan