1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sinister Minister LEAD SHEET?!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by nathanmcnathan, Oct 3, 2008.

1. nathanmcnathan

nathanmcnathan Banned

Jan 25, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    I don't know ifthis should be here, but I'm looking for a lead sheet (melody & chords) to Sinister Minister by the Flecktones. NOT TAB!!! STANDARD NOTATION!!! I didn't put this in the tab section, because I hate tabs. Thanks!
    email to nathanmcnathan@hotmail.com

2. Grantrudd

Grantrudd

Jun 26, 2007
    Boston MA
    the lead sheets are availible with tabs under them. do what i do and tape over the tabs. then you have a somewhat legit piece of sheet music. i think it is in the victor wooten transcription book.

3. if you mail me a scanner I will scan it for you :)

4. nathanmcnathan

nathanmcnathan Banned

Jan 25, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    I'm not looking for a bass part, just the melody and chords.

5. nathanmcnathan

nathanmcnathan Banned

Jan 25, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    Cool, thanks!

6. gm jack

gm jack

Oct 5, 2008
    Reading UK
    Why not use a tab and convert it to sheet music to play from?

7. It would probably take too long, and tabs do a poor job of notating rhythm, at least in my opinion. Plus sightreading is FUNNNN!!!!!

8. EADG mx

EADG mx

Jul 4, 2005

Tabs don't do a poor job of notating rhythm, tabbers do.

9. Ramstien

Ramstien

Aug 19, 2007
    Perth
    Knowing the song before learning it might be a good idea.

10. nathanmcnathan

nathanmcnathan Banned

Jan 25, 2008
    Barrie, Ontario
    That's why people who can only read tab are limited. They can't ever learn a piece without first hearing it. Also, they lack a lot of understanding of rhythm, scales, chords, and theory, because instead of using standard notation, they have to use a bunch of numbers that don't really notate anything other than where to put your fingers. Tabbers learn WHERE to play, while serious musicians know WHAT to play.