1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sir Paul performs in Tel Aviv

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Sep 26, 2008.

1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
  2. edmidlifecrisis

edmidlifecrisis Registered mediocre bass player Supporting Member

3. Excellant.. People need to stop living in fear of these 'holy' people... Bullies are bullies no matter what they claim to be otherwise.. Way to go Sir Paul.. :D

4. Dogsferatu

Dogsferatu

May 22, 2007
    Austin, TX
  5. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota

:(:bawl::crying:

6. edmidlifecrisis

I saw the opening and close to the closing shows of the 89-90 tour, they were the best live shows I've ever seen, bar none. That includes decades of concerts and the Fillmore East (I've been going to concerts since 1970).

Somehow I've missed the tours since then, but will try for the last one.

7. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    except fo WINGS and that other band he had in the 60's :D, this is the best touring band he has had. i thought the flowers in the dirt and off the ground tours were just ok.

8. edmidlifecrisis

I completely agree with you. His current band is really great (Laboriel is a monster). But the Flowers in the Dirt tour was the first time I'd seen him. I had seen GH at Madison Square Garden in the seventies.....

And I'd been dreaming for two decades about seeing the Abbey Road medley played live (and suffered through Lennon's absence)...when he came out for the encore and I heard the keyboard play the intro to "Carry that Weight" it just melted me down into slag......I couldn't even stand up with everyone else....I was literally in tears....greatest live music moment for me ever.

And there you have it....my musical soul.

9. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    yeah i'm going to have to see this last tour. i've seen him 4 times and havent gone in a bunch of years. although, i would love to see a full blown wings reunion.