Sire Bass Club!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dinodino, Mar 31, 2015.

What color/wood combination do you own?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2020.
  1. Bright Metallic Red/ Ash

17 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Bright Metallic Red/ Alder

33 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Natural/ Ash

173 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Sunburst/ Ash

104 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Sunburst/ Alder

165 vote(s)
    15.9%
  6. White/ Ash

86 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. White/ Alder

122 vote(s)
    11.7%
  8. Black/ Alder

104 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. M3

28 vote(s)
    2.7%
  10. M7

85 vote(s)
    8.2%
  11. I'm a heretic - I don't own one yet, but I'll see the light soon enough!

243 vote(s)
    23.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jamarvic

Jamarvic Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    The bass nerds, have a interview with Kyle on YouTube

bholder likes this.
  2. OldShark

OldShark

Apr 18, 2021
    Germany
    If you prefer the 7.5" radius and the neck "feel" or the smaller frets of the 1st gen V7, the 2nd gen V7 Vintage (or the V5) still offer these...

mb94952 likes this.
  3. OldShark

OldShark

Apr 18, 2021
    Germany
    According to that the Dame Guitar company is not a former predecessor to Sire but still active as South Corea's biggest guitar company. In my understanding, it's just not a global brand. (But what do I know about global MI markets?:whistle:)

bholder likes this.
  4. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    I ordered an albridge sire replacement bridge for my V3.
    I don’t even know if I need it and may not even use it, but there was only one left and they can be difficult to get.
    I’ll see what it looks like when I get it.
    The stock bridge plate seems pretty formidable. Maybe sire skimped on the saddles on the lower models?
    Although the tuners seem fine, I’m going to install some Grover tuners anyway. I’ve had the Grover vintage style on a schecter and they’re my favorite lower priced machines. Very smooth

although I’ll never use it, it’s a thoughtful gesture to include an ashtray cover for the neck pickup

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    Rob1957, One Way, friend33 and 2 others like this.
  5. friend33

friend33 Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2020
    Colorado
    Albridge only has drop-in replacements for Sire 4-strings - you have to drill for Sire 5ers, correct?

6. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    I don’t know but if you ask them on reverb (amp shop bass exchange) they’re very responsive and will tell you for sure

friend33 likes this.
  7. LowEndLobster

LowEndLobster Bass reviewer and youtube dude guy. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    My P10 has an albridge 5 string bridge. Not sure if they are in stock though.

PXL_20210329_003559299.jpg

8. TTPbass1

TTPbass1 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Lima, Peru
    Found a pic of my first Sire, an M3 first gen, and got a little nostalgic.

I really liked that bass, but had to let it go on a difficult moment... I've tried to get it back, but the guy who bought it from me says he will be buried with it...

Have also tried to found a used M3 around here, but they never show on the classified...

20161117_182246.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021 at 8:41 AM
    bholder, FunWithBass and Rob1957 like this.
  9. MyMusic

MyMusic

Jun 1, 2010
    Dover, De
    Still have my M3. Will never part with it. Just a great basic 4 string bass!!!!!

Attached Files:

Rob1957 likes this.
  10. jacoby75

jacoby75 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    I'm debating picking up a 5-string V5 for that classic vintage 70's tone. A 70's jazz is something I've wanted for a long time. Is there a consensus on the best replacement pickups for classic tone? Is the frontrunner still Dimarzio Area J's, as I read a while back?

I'm not sure how to quantify what I'm looking for. Maybe a cross between a Fender Marcus bass (though I don't slap . . . AT ALL), and a Geddy Fender jazz (though I don't flamenco . . . AT ALL). It will be used for classic rock, country, blues, worship, musical theater, etc. Basically everything except slap funk and chicken polkas. Though I wouldn't rule out the occasional traditional polka during Oktoberfest.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021 at 10:07 AM
  11. Rob1957

Rob1957

Dec 3, 2020
    Love the colors on both of your M3s!

12. Since months I am waiting for a 4 string chrome bridge from Albridge. I can’t stand the Sire stock bridge any longer. The “high mass” saddles and the sharp edges everywhere are simply annoying.

13. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    They are in stock now. I just ordered four hahaha (two four and two five string, one in black and one chrome for each). Amp shop is the place to call. I've been waiting too, glad they're in now!

One Way and mb94952 like this.
  14. Jamarvic

Jamarvic Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I’m ok with the bridge on my P7 vs the Gen1 bridge.
    I am having issues with the 12lbs the bass weighs.
    Probably be moving this one sooner than later :crying:

15. Do you have a link for me? On their web page I can only find the Fender style replacements.

16. LowEndLobster

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    Call em, their website hasn't updated yet.

flashgod likes this.
  17. That’s what I do. Thanks for the info.
    Tomorrow I will hopefully get my P5 back with the Kloppmann Pickups. Together with the Albridge replacement I have nothing more to improve to make this bass my perfect P bass. And the price tag far below 1000 bucks is an unbeatable value you won’t get from any Fender.

mb94952 likes this.
  18. One Way

One Way

Mar 6, 2018
    Atlanta, GA
    @LowEndLobster you made me do it! As pleased as I am with the factory hardware that came with my 1st Gen V7 your reports got the best of my curiosity and I just ordered a polished Albridge for my Sire V7. Can’t wait to install it and compare the difference to the stock bridge. :bassist:

mb94952 likes this.
  19. That sounded interesting but I'm a little new to all things pre-ampish? How do I adjust the volume via the PC board?

20. One Way

One Way

Mar 6, 2018
    Atlanta, GA
    I believe there is a blue colored screw or a screw in a blue component located under the preamp cover.
    I believe Sire’s intent is to have passive volume and volume with the preamp on and set flat (no gain or cut tones) equal. I’ve run mine at the factory setting for years. Of course, set it the way it works best for you

Jamarvic likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2021