Sire Marcus Miller Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kev451, Oct 12, 2018.

1. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    So consider me a noob, in asking this but has anyone played the Sire Marcus Miller basses? Either the J model or the pj model. If you have or own one just your thoughts on them I may have to sell a bass due to financial reasons. When all is settled and done I’ll have enough to get one of those Marcus Miller basses.

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    kbraker510 likes this.
  3. Leftka

Leftka

May 4, 2017
    Naples, FL
    love my new V9 J Bass..

Dr. Cheese, Coraxian and kev451 like this.
  4. beaglesandbass

beaglesandbass Think first, then post? Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Dr. Cheese and Slater like this.
  5. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Lacey, NJ
    I just got done with a set with my v7. I have both and ash and alder v7 and they are inspiring.

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  6. bottomzone

bottomzone Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2005
    I've had my V7 5 string for over 2 years. It is without a doubt one of the best basses that I have ever owned!

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Off topic: when was in a teacher exchange program in Nigeria, I found out that in Nigerian Pidgin English, mojo means penis. That put “it just don’t work on you” into a different perspective.:smug:

I admire your playing and take care.

Something relevant: I got a V7 in a trade last November, and the more I play it, the more I like it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    bottomzone likes this.
  8. I’ve had my 4 string V7 for about a year and it plays and sounds excellent. Ordered mine from Sire USA without trying one first, glad I made the decision to do so. Be certain to check the Sire Bass Club thread.

9. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    The P7s 5 strings I have sound, look and play great. The only downside in my opinion is the weight. These are not light.