1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sire Marcus Miller J Bass V3....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Salome30Hz, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Salome30Hz

Salome30Hz Guest

Dec 7, 2018
    A bass that costs £318 ($417 usd) shouldn't sound or be made as well as the one I bought, so conventional wisdom would have it. I already owned a V7 (£457 or $591 US) J Bass from Sire, it was my original experience of playing that bass that led to a second purchase. These basses are amazing for their price-point. I have thoroughly put both V3 & V7 J basses through their paces. Big rigs, small practice rigs, Traynor & EBS heads, into Markbass cabs and TC Electronic cabs, they sound awesome, nickel wound strings, steels, they still sound and play like basses that cost around a £1000 ($1292 US).

All THAT said; if you buy a Sire Marcus Miller bass, then take it of the box, before you tune it up and start playing, go over the instrument with a good pair of philips screwdrivers (small & large) and tighten up bridge screws, neck bolt plate, tone/volume pot cover, scratch plate etc. I needed to do this on both basses! NOT impressed Sire! If I hadn't done that, especially with the neck backplate and bridge screws, there could have been a total bass-mess! Sort it out Sire, other than that, lovely, affordable instruments. Once they get Bartolini pickups they'll be even tastier.

2. Salome30Hz

Salome30Hz Guest

Dec 7, 2018
    I already have two Spectors, these basses, unbelievably, sound, to my ear, much nicer, punchier, warmer, more defined.

3. Salome30Hz

Salome30Hz Guest

Dec 7, 2018
    Uhh....Make that Nordstrand not Bartolini...

4. pogipoints

pogipoints Custom User Title Holder

Dec 5, 2005
    Atlanta
    Any noticeable difference between V3 and V7? Sound, playability, etc?

5. Salome30Hz

Salome30Hz Guest

Dec 7, 2018
    Surprisingly, no. There's no discernible difference to my ears anyway. Both punchy, both full & warm.

davebe and pogipoints like this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021