1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sire MM V7 fretless 4-string + Nordstrand BJB4 - anyone?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Le Basseur, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Hi all,
    The Sire's fretboard radius being 7,25" I have a noticeable string inbalance (weaker D and A) especially on the bridge PU (the stock one).Unable to correct this,no matter what I tried during the neck/PU/saddles setup.
    As I don't mind a hotter bridge PU than the stock one,I might opt for a pair of Nordstrand BJB4 (JB blades - the W&W variety) ....their blades are radiused but I didn't find any reference about the radius' value on these PUs.
    Does anyone here use Nordstrand BJB4's on a 7,25" fretless fretboard?If yes,does the BJB4's solve the string (in)balance?
    THX!
    PS
    Question no. 2:does anyone know what's the BJB4 W&W's DC resistance?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    TonyP- ?

3. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I honestly don’t know off the top of my head.
    I would write them and ask.
    Also you can get blades that do NOT have the radious as well. You just have to request them.