1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sire V7 1st Gen

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Aweiss96, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Aweiss96

Aweiss96

Dec 1, 2014
    Price:
    Strings:
    Sire V7 1st Generation Bass. This is the first generation of their flagship model. If you're looking for that Marcus Miller sound, this bass will get it and more. Its an alder body with a rosewood fretboard. The finish is tobacco sunburst. It's a jazz bass with 60s spacing, an 18v active/passive preamp with bass, mid, and treble controls with a sweepable mid selection. This one comes with the original, very solid gig bag, the pickup cover (like the 70s Fenders originally had), a leather strap that Sire sent me (never used), and it is strung with a new set of Elixir Nickle Plated Steel strings. The bass is in pretty good condition with only light scratches in the clear coat in the usually places. They DO NOT go through to the wood. They can be seen in the last two images but are very light and don't show up well in pictures. They are unnoticeable unless viewed under a bright light. The only trades I would consider would be a Spector 5 string of similar value. Full Front.jpg All.jpg Front.jpg Back.jpg Headstock Front.jpg Headstock Back.jpg Serial.jpg PUP Cover.jpg Strap.jpg Elixir.jpg Scratch.jpg Buckle Rash.jpg

Attached Files:

filler83 likes this.
  2. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    This happens to be a very good issue bass. I have a 1st gen, same set-up. Very versatile, solid, takes a mute well. High quality gig bag. IMO this is the best Sire model and gen they have made- the model that started their trajectory. Seemingly self-serving disclaimer: I have (and have had) many basses including some quite a bit higher end, so it's not just a case of "this is the bass I have and therefore its awesome;" it really does perform admirably and, IMO, will be one of those maker/model/yr combos that are later considered semi-legendary, like a early 80's Tokai hard puncher or a late 80's G&L L-1000 or L2000. I play it regularly.
    GLWTS.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    filler83 and Aweiss96 like this.
  3. Joelc73

Joelc73

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Interesting. I’ve heard more than one person comment that generation one is the best.

4. Aweiss96

Aweiss96

Dec 1, 2014
    Dropping the price to $425

5. 60bass

60bass Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    You have a PM

6. Aweiss96

Aweiss96

Dec 1, 2014
    Price drop

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021