1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sire V7 Ash

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andres3195, May 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. What can you guys tell me about this one? It looks gorgeous and though I never tried it myself I watched some reviews and it sounds great, but what if you compare it for example with a fender mim? Any data will be appreaciated :).
    Screenshot_20180520-143844.

2. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    Probably the most talked-about bass in the last couple years. It has tons of tonal options and will probably blow a MIM out of the water.
    Sire Bass Club!

I never played one myself, either, but I’m dying to...

3. jjk2007

jjk2007

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I had bought a brand new MIM jazz deluxe 5 a few months before getting my V7 (rosewood/alder). After getting the Sire the Fender was quickly put up for sale and moved. Not saying it wasn't a quality bass but the Sire just did everything better IMO. I'll have had my Sire 3 years here in about a week and it's still a joy to play!

generalduncan and Glazenn like this.
  4. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Sire > MIM Fender

5. MAXSPINRUN

MAXSPINRUN Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I have the same bass as 4 string. +1 on the comparison.

6. pasco jacorius

pasco jacorius

Jan 4, 2010
    My main bass. Works quite well in the studio and live. It has all that a bassist is looking for.
    Edit: it's got a vintage fingerboard radius (7,25") and might not have an awesome freaky low action(cf high end boutique basses) but it can be quite good. IMO a too low actions sucks outside your bedroom/living room. Learned it the hard way. You want it low enough for comfort but high enough for tone. Which is what this bass will give you..

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  7. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I was one of those that really hated reading so many posts about these Sire basses. Not because I didn't believe that these basses could be good, but it seemed too good to be true especially given the price.
    Well, I now have two - great basses for the money with probably the best preamp I've seen on a sub $700 bass so far. It satisfies what I look for in a bass as it has the look and feel of a good Fender bass with the added plus of an EQ system when switched to active that rivals or beats any of those in Ibanez basses within the price range.

Edit: Talking about the Sire jazz basses in terms of the similarity to a good Fender bass of course, I have a V3. Beautiful bass for very little money.
    sirev3.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    eastcoasteddie likes this.