1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Sire V7 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Aweiss96, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Aweiss96

Aweiss96

Dec 1, 2014
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    This Sire V7 fretless has an alder body with a rosewood fretboard. The fretboard has is coated from the factory. The bass plays wonderfully and has a great sound. It gets a fantastic, woody fretless tone on the front pickup and a the quintessential Jaco tone on the back. It has the standard 18v preamp with the 3 band eq and mid sweep, as well as passive and active modes. I'm selling it because I'm not being using it and it should be with someone who will actually play and enjoy it. Shipping to CONUS only and buyer pays. With shipping this bass will cost about the same as a new one direct from Sire, but it can be bought and had in a couple days rather than 2-3 months! It will be shipped with the original case, unopened neck pickup cover, unopened batteries and allen wrenches. Payment will be through PayPal. Full Front. Full Back. Body Front. Body Back. Headstock Front. Headstock Back.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  2. looking at a fretless with an epoxied fingerboard, sunburst finish, but somehow still wearing a pickguard, has given me a headache.

really nice looking bass. would like to try one of these.

Aweiss96 likes this.
  3. Aweiss96

Aweiss96

Dec 1, 2014
    I actually took the pickguard off first thing when I got it! From a distance it almost looks like a blank fingerboard and that with the removed pickguard looked a bit odd. If it had dots or inlays I probably would have kept the pickguard off. Fortunately, pickguard presence does not effect the Jaco tone.

4. fritzk9

fritzk9 Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nice bass! What's she weigh?

5. Aweiss96

Aweiss96

Dec 1, 2014
    8.2 lbs on a digital bathroom scale.