Sire V7 + Sire V7 Vintage standard / default settings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Niels Braad, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Niels Braad

Niels Braad

Jan 27, 2018
    Hi,

I know it's individual, but does any of you know what Sire uses as standard / default settings for adjusting the truss rod, pickup height and string height of a Sire V7 4st + Sire V7 Vintage 4st?

Thanks in advance.

Niels

2. JBassForLife

JBassForLife

Dec 21, 2011
    I’m not sure. I haven’t seen any. But my luthier has super impressed that my Sire was set up perfectly right out of the box and two years later hasn’t needed a single neck adjustment.

I’d say- take your Sire to a trusted luthier and let them set things up for you.

3. whamni

whamni

Jul 16, 2017
    U.K
    what is the neck relief, string height and pickup height on your bass now, just curious to compare with my V7

4. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Look up setup on a Fender Jazz bass on YouTube and do what they do. I had my V7 setup done by a luthier. He leveled the frets and it plays great.

5. twc1313

twc1313 Practice is the cure for GAS...or so I've heard.

Oct 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I treat mine like a Fender Jazz, since it has a 7.25" radius, they suggest:

Neck (capo on first, press down on last fret) .014"
    String heights (at 17th fret) - E 7/64" G 6/64"
    Pickups (string pressed down at last fret) - Bass side 7/64" Treble 5/64"
    Intonation - On the Sire I find that string through body gives me intonation adjustment issues due to the string coming up and pushing hard against the saddles, I tend to do this setting with strings top loaded.

A few caveats....

The smaller radius can still take a .012 relief
    The strings can be lower than that if you prefer and are not getting buzz
    The pickup height prob works well for the neck coil, but the bridge should be higher

As with all setups, your preferences will allow you to tailor things from the above.

whamni likes this.