1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sire V9 5-string, Alder

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JDA04OSU, Jun 27, 2020.

1. JDA04OSU

JDA04OSU Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Price:
    Strings:
    Sire Marcus Miller V9 5-String Bass
    [Edited in light of new information, see thread below]
    This is a 2nd Generation neck (2N serial number) on a 1st generation, Alder body with Sunburst finish. It was sold to me as a 2nd gen bass but there’s no arguing that the body has the plastic battery covers as well as the pickups of a 1st gen.

Excellent condition - Barely used, minimal swirling in certain light, and a small but noticeable scratch on the bottom side (see photos); otherwise no dents, dings, chips, etc.
    Weight: Between 9.8 and 10.0 lbs on bathroom scale
    Includes: Sire padded gig bag and a clear pick guard that has not been installed (thus there are no screw holes in the body)

Other stats: 34" scale, 9.5" radius, 1.81" nut.

One last price drop to $525 + actual shipping (CONUS only)... looking to move this ASAP to finance a new amp purchase! Accepting PayPal only.

Send me a message if you'd like me to calculate shipping cost. The bass is already neatly packed and ready to ship!

IMG-0684.jpg IMG-0685.jpg IMG-0686.jpg IMG-0687.jpg IMG-0688.jpg IMG-0689.jpg IMG-0690.jpg IMG-0682.jpg IMG-0683.jpg IMG-0681.jpg

Trade Interests: No longer looking for trades although if you're local, it won't hurt to run something by me.

PM with questions or offers. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    mb94952, Gecko 5 and SMG like this.
  2. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

You sir, have great taste. I am also a SIRE and Peavey Cirrus player. The only two basses I LOVE.
    GLWTS this bass is SICK !!! To anyone even remotely interested, a SIRE bass plays like / better than most basses costing 4x the price.

JDA04OSU likes this.
  3. Riccobass

Riccobass Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    That’s a 1st generation Sire.

4. JDA04OSU

Sep 9, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Why do you say that? It was sold to me as a 2nd gen and has the 2N start to the serial number. D521962B-BEFB-45C8-97E4-0C8EAE9B61EF.png

5. Riccobass

Aug 24, 2006
    The neck maybe 2nd gen,but the body may not be. It doesn't have the 2nd gen pickups,.that are branded Marcus Miller on them, and the battery cover is wooden the 2nd gen. Just my 2 cents.

6. JDA04OSU

Sep 9, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Hmm, you may be right. Any potential sale will be on hold until I confirm and update the listing. Thanks and I’m sorry for any confusion. It was not intentional.

7. Riccobass

Aug 24, 2006
    No problem sir.

8. KINGPIN_88

KINGPIN_88 Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Interested in a 4 string mtd trade?

9. JDA04OSU

Sep 9, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Feel free to PM trade offers but if it’s not local, I’m going to be pretty reluctant at this point due to cost of shipping. Thanks.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 8, 2021