1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sire V9?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassmaticmatt, Oct 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bassmaticmatt

Bassmaticmatt

Feb 13, 2016
    Dallas
    I noticed the V9 on Sire's website today. I like the looks. Are there any real differences other than the quilted maple?

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Quilted maple top, no pickguard, ebony board, that's all I know of. I haven't read up myself yet though.

3. Bassmaticmatt

Bassmaticmatt

Feb 13, 2016
    Dallas
    On the website the 5 strings are shown with a clear pickguard. Is that not correct?

4. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    I think it's not preinstalled not sure actually.

5. Bassmaticmatt

Bassmaticmatt

Feb 13, 2016
    Dallas
    Interesting....I personally dig the clear pickguard over the flamed maple top. I think it looks classy.

6. bassopotamus102

bassopotamus102

Mar 28, 2009
    I agree the clear over the quilt or flame looks classy. one thing that is absolutely turning me off? the bridge. looks blocky and unrefined. very interested in these, but that is going to be a stumbling block!

7. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Replacement bridges are available in a large number of styles. May need to drill new holes though.

8. bassopotamus102

bassopotamus102

Mar 28, 2009
    yeah, just doesn't trip my trigger to have to mod something out of the gate. going to have to think on this a while....

9. Glazenn

Glazenn

May 16, 2011
    France
    The Sire bridge is as good as any replacement one can find... I have changed it on my V7-5 for a Sandberg bridge (solid brass) and I can't say there is a difference.

bholder likes this.
  10. Chatdawg

Chatdawg

Jan 26, 2013
    Could someone please tell me the width of the fretboard at the 20th fret on Sire 5 strings? Since I can't try one out before I purchase, I'm trying to find out if the string spacing is comfortable.