Sirius XM "60's on 6" Tabs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by enjoi1018, Dec 21, 2015.

1. enjoi1018

enjoi1018 Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Auburn, AL
    Hey folks.

I now realize how blessed I am to have had my Dad (whom has never played an instrument in his life) not allow me to listen to anything new but oldies in his car. I was in his car a lot as a kid, including every morning and afternoon to and from school. At the time, I scoffed at not being allowed to listen to what my friends were. Good golly, Pops saved my soul.

Now in my upper 20's, I'm digging back into the old stuff HARD. I know how every song from the era goes, but barely know any of the titles or band names associated with them (save the examples which would be impossible not to know).

I'm wondering, does anyone have a good site/book/one-stop-shop to find the written music or tabs to these songs?

I've searched a few keywords, and even googled quickly. I'm sure I could amass a list and spend weeks putting one together, but didn't know if someone had an Amazon link to exactly what I crave.

God bless the know-it-all fathers. And thanks for any help!

Cheers!

EDIT: To be clear, I mentioned the Sirius channel because that is the best representation of the tunes I'm looking for. Typically "Top 40" hits.

2. the general

the general

Jul 8, 2008
    My dad was the same way. That channel covers a pretty wide range of music. I don't know if such a source exists. Might have to go through songs/bands, one by one, and find tabs/sheet music etc online.
    Best I can do is name bands that I hear on there that I can remember. I don't have satellite radio. But when my dad and I are at deer camp for the week, 60's on 6 is pretty much all we listen too.
    Here are some bands/artist I can remember being played on there;

The Zombies, Petula Clark, Dave Clark Five, The Association, Jan and Dan, Edison Lighthouse, The Four Seasons, Dusty Springfield, The Crystals,(well, just about anything produced by Phil Spector), Cream, lots of Motown....
    That's all I can remember at the moment. I hope this helps getting you started.

enjoi1018 likes this.
  3. enjoi1018

enjoi1018 Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Auburn, AL
    Thanks so much for the reply and list! I'll definitely start with those and work my way into the universe.

the general likes this.
  4. the general

the general

Jul 8, 2008
    If I had to pick a bass line I remember from those songs, this is probably my favorite:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021