1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sisters of the Moon

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by fleetwoodmac, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Last night I tried to figure out the bass part to the song Sisters of the Moon by Fleetwood Mac. I've only done this once, so I'm not the greatest. I couldn't find an album version on YouTube, however there are a few live versions.

I used guitar chords to figure this out. This is the intro and is played throughout the rest of the song, however, there are lots of high notes and sliding around that I couldn't figure out. For those who know the song, how does this sound? Thanks.

G
    D
    A
    E 5555555555-0-111111111111-0-55555555555-0-11111111111

2. BASE

BASE

Mar 27, 2006
    The studio version of this song has a little bit more going on and other progressions than just going back and forth from A to F throughout.
    The part you tabbed is on the right track roughly speaking. One thing would be use the open E when going from A down to F, but when going up from F back to A, use a slide and drop the open E <the live version you heard may be different of course>.
    All in all, if I may offer an opinion, when I hear this song I keep thinking there are too many good John McVie basslines to focus on than this. :p

3. It's good to know that I'm on the right track! Yeah, the chorus is: A, G, E, F, E, F, G, A
    G, E, F, E, F, G, A

I'd love to be able to play the bassline for Oh Daddy, now that's a killer.

4. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    AZ
    Our new lead vocalist wants to add this song, and bass tabs still seem nonexistent almost 9 years later. I was just wondering if anyone else has found a tab for this bass line?